🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client want to hire me but he can't
Page options
fb3e977a
Community Member

Client want to hire me but he can't

Hello there,

My client want to hire me I have send him my new upwork profile link but he still can't. My profile is still not approved. Is there's a way he can hire me on upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alain,

If the client request is approved you will be able to work only on contracts with them but please keep in mind that not all requests are approved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
2591126f
Community Member

Are you sure that you are registered as a freelancer? On clicking your profile link I see  the following client profile.PNG

This page is generally shown for client accounts as they do not have a profile on upwork.

Sorry I posted this message from the wrong profile. I've created freelancer profile please view this profile link

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01c86b3a145bbf72dd/

The client applied to hire me on the given profile but he can't. I don't know the specific reason for that. Could it because my profile is not approved. Can you please let me know as soon as possible so i can inform him

Hi Alain,

Since your application was not accepted your client will not be able to send you an offer. Your client can submit a request for our program Bring your Own Freelancer. Our team will approve their request and reach out to them if it was approved or not, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok If I do that will I  be able to do work for that client & get paid?

Hi Alain,

If the client request is approved you will be able to work only on contracts with them but please keep in mind that not all requests are approved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

For Sure, Thank for providing assistance, I've one last question, I read the helping material about bring your own freelance, Can you explain me the following lines. I already have upwork but it's not approved do I have to create new account. 

Your freelancer will receive an email with your request (which may also include an optional contract offer). They can click on the Get Started link in that email to create an Upwork account, create a basic profile

Hi Alain, 

Opening more than one account is a serious violation of our TOS as each user can have only one.
Once your client have submitted the request our team will assist them directly if it's needed or if they have any additional questions, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alain, 

It looks like you created a client account instead of a freelancer account. To create a freelancer account please follow the steps below: 

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Go to Settings > My Teams and choose the Create New Account at the bottom.
  3. Choose New Client Account.
  4. Once set up, use the Accounts menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths