cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client who calls for every little thing

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 12

I have a rule that I only do voice chats, but because Skype is absolute trash and makes you reboot to use it, I broke my rule a couple months ago and just said "meh, this chick is local to me so she can have my number." Can you believe that female dog called me at 9pm? LOL I ignored her call but just thought "wow, just my luck the one time I give out my number I get someone like that."

That contract went into dispute too. Fun times.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 12

Anna,

The client's RFP clearly states "Skills required: "Great communication skills via phone, email, and chat" (texting doesn't even make an appearance). For future reference, a discussion about communication expectations should be had with the client while in the interview stage ... especially if you're "on call" and not available to tie up your phone during normal business hours.

Some clients may see this on your profile "I will always stay on top of communication with you to make sure you are satisfied with the work", and take it quite literally. You may want to add your preferred methods of communication to both your overview and your bids.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS