Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client won't leave any feedback so I can't get my Rising Talent Badge

Highlighted
Stefan J Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
1 of 7

HI,

I had a client that wanted me to make an HTML template.

The thing is, he always changed the requirment to the template, wanted some code that wasn't even HTML,  and the job wasn't finished.

The project should have been finished in 15-30min since I'm fluent in HTML. I was up all night changing it. That isn't the problem. He payed me for the work but didn't give me a feedback. He gave a score but no text.

So I lost my Rising talent. Is there any way to fix this because I had trouble finding new clients for that point on.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marco V Member Since: Apr 2, 2016
2 of 7

Well, there's nothing we can do to force clients to leave feedback. Technically, he did leave feedback, and it will count in your JSS. There are clients who won't bother with feedback at all. Some of them don't understand the system, some have no time. It's just something we have to deal with.

It's no problem if you have contracts without feedback from time to time, as long as you have other clients to compensate. 

PS I doubt you've lost Rising Talent badge because there was no feedback comment.

Highlighted
Stefan J Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
3 of 7

Then what do you think is the problem?

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
4 of 7
This widget could not be displayed.

@Stefan J wrote:

HI,

I had a client that wanted me to make an HTML template.

The thing is, he always changed the requirment to the template, wanted some code that wasn't even HTML,  and the job wasn't finished.

The project should have been finished in 15-30min since I'm fluent in HTML. I was up all night changing it. That isn't the problem. He payed me for the work but didn't give me a feedback. He gave a score but no text.

So I lost my Rising talent. Is there any way to fix this because I had trouble finding new clients for that point on.

The client has given feedback, he has rated you with stars and has also given private feedback. Clients can also add a comment but often do not do so and this is not really important. However, the rating for this job in question was not the best and therefore the Rising Talent Badge has gone. Continue to provide excellent work and you will have a JSS soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

No client owes you a text feedback review. And it doesn't matter what they write when it comes to your Rising Talent status or your Job Success Score.

A client could write that you are "God's gift to HTML and the best freelancer ever," or she could write "his HTML Is so bad that three of my website's visitors died from it."

It would not matter to Upwork's algorithms that calculate your scores. The algorithms can't read written English.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 7

You would have lost the Rising Talent after a couple more jobs anyway.  Keep on going, get good ratings and soon you will have a JSS.  It won't be great but will keep going up after more successful jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

@Stefan J wrote:

He payed me for the work but didn't give me a feedback. He gave a score but no text.

He did give you feedback. The stars ARE the (public) feedback. Whether there is "text" or not makes no difference.

The client gave you quite poor public feedback, and the private feedback won't have been any better.

That's why you lost your Rising Talent status, not because of the lack of text.

You've done 3 jobs for two different clients so far. Once you complete another job for a different client (4 jobs for 3 different clients) you'll get your Job Success Score.