🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client won't pay me after finished work. What...
Page options
fallenhaze
Community Member

Client won't pay me after finished work. What can i do ?

The job was a simple redesign.I did it as he said sent it if he wanted anything to be changed.After the change i submitted for payment.And he didin't answer.What can i do ?

6 REPLIES 6
colettelewis
Community Member

@Aleksandar M wrote:

The job was a simple redesign.I did it as he said sent it if he wanted anything to be changed.After the change i submitted for payment.And he didin't answer.What can i do ?

Did you have a formal Upwork contract in place? 

petra_r
Community Member

where is my money?where is my money?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The job was a simple redesign.I did it as he said sent it if he wanted anything to be changed.After the change i submitted for payment.And he didin't answer.What can i do ?"

Aleksandar: If you are using Upwork properly, then clients do not need to respond. You will be paid automatically, even if the client does absolutely nothing.

(But because you are new, we don't know if you were using the tool properly. So you need to answer Nichola's question and you need to understand Petra's flowchart. You need to work with us until we figure out if (a) you did everything correctly and you're going to be paid, but simply need to be patient; or (b) you made a mistake, and what that mistake was.)

I suspect that 1) the OP is under age and  2) probably accepted to work off site.

I do wish Upwork would put some more stringent rules for newcomers and equally for clients who have acccounts  here  but still work off site if they can. 

I think Nichola's correct.  No jobs on his profile.  I really wish Upwork would have a mandatory test for all new freelancers before their profile is even accepted.

kat303
Community Member

@Aleksandar M wrote:

Did the client offer you a contract on his site and did you accept it? Did the client fully fund the escrow account on this site.for the agreed upon amount? Did you submit work by clicking on the submit work/request payment button?

If you answered no to any of the above, then there's nothing you can do. Either learn and/or use this site the right way and you won't get scammed or have things like this happen to you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths