🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client won’t pay
Page options
r_rodas
Community Member

Client won’t pay

My client and I agreed on a 2 milestones project: 1000 pictures form 2 phones (500 each phone). 
When I finished the job I submitted my payment request (10 days ago) . Yesterday he texted saying that the pictures quality was poor, therefore he wasn't going to pay for it and I could retake them and turn in this Sunday (day 14). I know my work and I am sure at least 80-85% was good quality and complied with the terms he sent.  I told him I would agree to have a deduction from the low quality pictures but that it is not true that 100% of my pictures where poor quality. I asked about the 2nd phone milestone and he didn't responde either. It's been 24 hours so today's day 11. 
He only funded the 1st milestone for phone 1, so I'm hoping to dispute at least 50% of my work and not lose everything. I trusted the client because he has 4.9 stars out of 600+ jobs and I turned in both milestones. So now I don't know what to do because I'm afraid I will lose 500$ because it's his word against mine. But I'm sure I can dispute and prove good quality.

what can I do now?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rocio,

When you submit your work on your milestone after 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article.

I would also like to clarify that our fixed price protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths