Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients Not Responding at All

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
11 of 17

Also, when a client first sees your profile and your proposal, they only see the first two lines unless they scroll down.  "Jack of all trades, master of none" is dreadful in my opinion.

Keren V Member Since: Jun 2, 2020
12 of 17
Could have found a kinder way of phrasing that but noted, will revise.
gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
Gurjeet S Member Since: May 18, 2020
BEST ANSWER
13 of 17

Also, kindly add more portfolio in your profile, for eg, if you do Logos, add 'Logo portfolio' for 10-15 logos, similarly do it for your other gigs. If the client won't trust your skills by looking at your portfolio, no matter how many connects you use for sending a proposal, chances will be less to hire you.

try to add headline like 'Best Logo Designer' or 'Experienced Graphic Designer', since the client receives 5-10 proposals normally for a single job posted, hence not all of them have adequate time to read the entire profile, but what they see is the headline first and then take the decision to read further about the freelancer.

have a happy journey with Upwork

View solution in original post

Keren V Member Since: Jun 2, 2020
14 of 17
I absolutely will! Thank you so much for your suggestions and kind words. I can absolutely see where I was wrong in my approach and will improve my profile accordingly.
I really appreciate your help. You’ve been wonderful.
moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
15 of 17

Mary W wrote:

Also, when a client first sees your profile and your proposal, they only see the first two lines unless they scroll down.  "Jack of all trades, master of none" is dreadful in my opinion.

Which sounds like perfectly good, actionable advice to me. Advice that may well directly help Keren to get more work. Surely that's a good thing? Right?

Other people might also have some other advice that might be useful to her. Alas, it seems she has taken constructive criticism to heart and chosen to make her profile private. As is her right, of course.

I find it quite baffling really. Here, people have direct access to people that are experienced and successful in freelancing offering their advice - FOR FREE. Yet, people choose to close off that potentially very valuable resource, despite them having already admitted that they are in need of such asssitance. 

Personally, I would not care less if people called me **Edited for Community Guidelines** if it meant I would make more money. But hey ho, it's not my loss if others choose to reject advice that might help them. If anything it might mean less competition. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 17

Hi all,

I'd like to follow up and kindly ask everyone to keep in mind our Community Guidelines when posting in the Community. I understand that different communication styles can affect how a message is perceived by different participants. Let's give each other the benefit of doubt when it comes to the sentiment our messages might be projecting as well as the deserved respect and courtesy, and avoid personal confrontation. Thank you. 

Untitled
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

All,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed as they were off topic and against the Community Guidelines. This thread has been closed from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS