🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clients Want to Hire me but I can't proceed.....
Page options
mrmiguelmartins
Community Member

Clients Want to Hire me but I can't proceed... Why?

Hello..

I have 2 clients on UpWork who are willing to hire my Advertising services through this platform.

I've updated my profile, I've sent my Google Search Certification, I've updated my Skills, my Projects, rates. 

How can we do it if I cant get accepted because "there are to many freelancers with my skills" ?

I already had a valuable work experience, I already sent you my Google Search Certificate, I have 2 clients that want to hire me through this platform.

How can I proceed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Miguel,

Your application was accepted earlier today. Your client should be able to hire you now. If they are experiencing any problems on their end let me know. Our team will reach out to them and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you have two clients who want to work with you, then why not just go ahead? Why must it be through this platform?

They would prefer to execute the orders though this platform.

And I would agree with that, it's safe for both sides and It's also a "new doors opening" if I get hired on a Freelancing Platform, to have to Future Gigs here.

Thank you

I would imagine that if Upwork made it easier for freelancers to get accepted whenever they plead that they have clients on the platform who are desperate to work with them, then everyone would try this tactic.

Hello Christine, 

As you can see, if you read properly, I'm not trying any tactic.

I'm asking " What Can I do? " - That means, I'm asking recomendation from the Community, to know How should I proceed.

Instead of being accusing, please kindly inform me if you have any suggestion about what would you improve on my profile, for example..

Thank you very much.

Hi Miguel,

Your application was accepted earlier today. Your client should be able to hire you now. If they are experiencing any problems on their end let me know. Our team will reach out to them and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Miguel M wrote:

I have 2 clients on UpWork who are willing to hire my Advertising services through this platform.

How can we do it if I cant get accepted because "there are to many freelancers with my skills" ?

Well, if those "clients" are really that desperate to hire you (how did they even find you with a rejected profile?) they can try  appeal to Upwork to allow you to be invited by them under the "bring my own freelancer" scheme. But that would mean you can only work with those clients, no others.

There would also be an investigation to ascertain if those "clients" are genuine clients and not "friends" who are trying to circumvent Upwork's selection processes...

Hello Petra,

They're not "just friends".

Like I've explain above, It's not mandatory, but they would prefer to pay me / hire my services through this platform. 

One of the clients is from New Zealand, another is From Portugal. 

They recommend me to start using this platform and they would also prefer to hire me from here ( Maybe It's easier in terms of invoicing for both sides / safer ).

The thing is that I keep being rejected.

Should I ask one of the agencies that I work to hire me from here? I know at least 1 or 2 of them also have Agency Account here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths