🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clients are neither hiring anyone nor taking ...
Page options
d907c7c3
Community Member

Clients are neither hiring anyone nor taking interviews

Hi Upwork Community,

I am a Data Analyst and have started freelancing on Upwork Recently. As per my analysis, more than 50% of the Clients do not hire anyone and 40% do not take any interviews only. The remaining 10% are genuine and responding ones.

It's really tough for a new freelancer to get more exposure and work here. Can someone help in order to make sure that a certain amount should get deducted from Client's account if he do not take any interviews(i won't say if he don't hire.. that is upto him obviously) or can someone give any other solution to this.

Regards,
 **Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
alysegoody
Community Member

Why on earth would Upwork make it harder to get clients (who are the ones to bring the money!!) by penalizing them for not hiring? Some clients will post a job across multiple freelance platforms. Stop looking at proposals after you've sent them and forget about them until you get an interview. 

There is no solution, just write better proposals. 

michael_skaggs
Community Member

Upwork is a marketplace. Nothing more, nothing less. If you walk into a market and look around, but you don't find what you want, does the owner make you pay a fee because you didn't buy anything or even pick something up to look at it closer? Of course not.

Why would Upwork be any different? Clients post a job and they get replies. Sometimes they find what they're looking for, sometimes they don't. Why should there be a penalty if none of the replies even match their criteria enough to bother interviewing?

Clients can hire from another platform, from within their neighborhood or within their company.  They might change their minds about a project or run out of budget.  Michael is right on spot with his response.  Sometimes they post a job to see what's out there.

Send your proposals and then forget about them.  Really.  Just keep moving forward.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths