🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Clients ask me for my personal contact
Page options
luissconnection
Community Member

Clients ask me for my personal contact

Hello everyone!
Im just so grateful with my unexpected sucess on upworks. First, nothing happend, but then I started to choose carefully, smaller jobs, particulary the ones that I had totally confidence I would be able to kickass (forgive my french)! Soon after that, things started to take off...
I developed empathy with some clients, during the job. They were so happy about results, and evetually want to work with me again, so, they're asking me for my e-mail! and Im aware it is against the Upwork compliance. I guess they do it naively and ... I feel that if I say no it would seem a slight! 
So my question is: I wonder if is ok to give them my personal contact , os social media whatsoever, but be sure to make clear that will only do further jobs, on upwork. Would be that ok?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Luigi M wrote:

They were so happy about results, and evetually want to work with me again, so, they're asking me for my e-mail! and Im aware it is against the Upwork compliance. I guess they do it naively and ... I feel that if I say no it would seem a slight! 
So my question is: I wonder if is ok to give them my personal contact , os social media whatsoever, but be sure to make clear that will only do further jobs, on upwork. Would be that ok?

You can communicate with your clients any which way you and they like, as long as they hire and pay you on Upwork.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Luigi M wrote:

They were so happy about results, and evetually want to work with me again, so, they're asking me for my e-mail! and Im aware it is against the Upwork compliance. I guess they do it naively and ... I feel that if I say no it would seem a slight! 

You can communicate with your clients any which way you and they like, as long as they hire and pay you on Upwork.

Vielen Dank, Petra! Thank you Petra!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths