🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Clients not hiring, even though They are ...
Page options
gremocore
Community Member

Clients not hiring, even though They are interviewing several freelancers

Since Upwork has limited its Bid range and introduced connect, its been very benificial step but eventually i think that system is collapsing. Its no mor ebeneficial as most of the clients are not even hiring anyone. Its okay if the client isnt interested in my skills but theres gotta be someone skilled that caught clients attention, but even though clients are confused to hire the appropriate freelancer.

I can think of many reasons behind this mentality of the clients. But i hope there are more than one solution to this.  Looks like 80% clients are not hiring, and job posts are just a game for them. And poor freelancers like me remain unsatisfied even with best fitting skills. I usually dont apply to any job that i can not accomplish with 70-100% confidence. Even though clients are confused. 

Whats the main cause here? Why isnt upwork coming up with any solution to that? Its getting more annoying day by day.

Thanks for reading my miserly babbling.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe they haven't found what they expected - or they hired on another platform - or they changed their mind... It happens. But overall, clients are hiring all the time.

My experience is quite different because I only bid when I feel like "this is totally for me - no way they're going to find a better match!" 

And my marketing effectiveness looks like this:

my stats 7.31.18.PNGIt appears that some clients hire more often than they interview 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
versailles
Community Member

Connects are not the problem. Connects are a safeguard mesure limiting, but not avoiding, spam. The low hiring rate is a problem for Upwork too, I'm sure of that. I believe that the main issue is circumvention. Also, the flood of spammy proposals, which may one of these days result in Upwork reducing the number of free connects or not giving any free connect anymore.

But when I see clients interviewing people and not hiring anyone, I think circumvention.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

@Rene K wrote:

But when I see clients interviewing people and not hiring anyone, I think circumvention.

Yes, and free samples. Many newbies are happy to show what they've got, and I believe they frequently provide free work, hoping they would get hired (which rarely happens).

This could be the one of the reasons that clients arent hiring anymore. Day by day upwork is becomig useless in that case.

@Mirza G wrote:

This could be the one of the reasons that clients arent hiring anymore. Day by day upwork is becomig useless in that case.

Nope. Clients are hiring. Scammers, on the other hand, are not.

Just learn how to recognize scammers. It's not that hard, really.

Any quick tips on recognizing scammers? Thanks for your help so far.

I mostly rely on common sense. But then there's this whole thread https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

Thanks. These really are problems that can be handled with common sense.
But my problem is nothing close. Never encountered such scammers. I am talking about real client not hiring. After interview or even not interviewing anyone.

Maybe they haven't found what they expected - or they hired on another platform - or they changed their mind... It happens. But overall, clients are hiring all the time.

My experience is quite different because I only bid when I feel like "this is totally for me - no way they're going to find a better match!" 

And my marketing effectiveness looks like this:

my stats 7.31.18.PNGIt appears that some clients hire more often than they interview 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths