🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clients not responding and all my connects i ...
Page options
80e17d1e
Community Member

Clients not responding and all my connects i am waste for nothing.

I am new in Up work,i have more that 7 years experience in my field Building Information Modeling after that i started freelancing,Actually thats not my problem ,Clients are not responding to my proposals also waste of Connects without anything,i checked the last seen by clients its 6 days before not the job closed this is the second time,please go through my profile and if somthing wrong with my profile means please tell me,I know competition is there in this field but i am taking serious effort to quote projects cost and time,If any way to giveback my connets for no actions from clients its a great thing.(If the project awarded to someone it having some logic)

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Jubin R wrote:

I am new in Up work,i have more that 7 years experience in my field Building Information Modeling after that i started freelancing,Actually thats not my problem ,Clients are not responding to my proposals also waste of Connects without anything,i checked the last seen by clients its 6 days before not the job closed this is the second time,please go through my profile and if somthing wrong with my profile means please tell me,I know competition is there in this field but i am taking serious effort to quote projects cost and time,If any way to giveback my connets for no actions from clients its a great thing.(If the project awarded to someone it having some logic)

Rewrite your profile. Probably need to examine your proposals too. 

"Last seen"  is not an accurate metric. I am  a client, and it always says I haven't looked at my job  post for days when I absolutely have looked at it every day and reviewed proposals every day. I don't give that number any credence since I know it's not accurate. 

Connects only get returned if the client breaks TOS. They don't get returned if they hired someone else. You paid to apply to the job not to get the job.   Read some of the advice on the forum about writing better profiles and proposals. I think it will help you. 

Amanda L wrote:

Jubin R wrote:

[...]

"Last seen"  is not an accurate metric. I am  a client, and it always says I haven't looked at my job  post for days when I absolutely have looked at it every day and reviewed proposals every day. I don't give that number any credence since I know it's not accurate. 

Connects only get returned if the client breaks TOS. They don't get returned if they hired someone else. You paid to apply to the job not to get the job.   Read some of the advice on the forum about writing better profiles and proposals. I think it will help you. 

They also get returned, if the client cancels the job completely without hiring. (But not if they simply disappear and leave the job open to be archived eventually by Upwork)

Nichola L wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Jubin R wrote:

[...]

They also get returned, if the client cancels the job completely without hiring. (But not if they simply disappear and leave the job open to be archived eventually by Upwork)

Thanks for clarifying that. I keep forgetting that's also a thing.  I just never expect them to get returned anyhow. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths