🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clients only post a job but don't hire anyone
Page options
capton-safdar
Community Member

Clients only post a job but don't hire anyone

Hey, I'm working as a freelancer from 1 year, My experience is that mostly clients only post a job but they don't hire anyone for that job, kindly there should be any rule about it.as you know connects are now paid.
4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:
Hey, I'm working as a freelancer from 1 year, My experience is that mostly clients only post a job but they don't hire anyone for that job, kindly there should be any rule about it.as you know connects are now paid.

It's annoying, but can be mostly avoided if you don't apply to clients that have a low hiring rate, are new and inexperienced, and I personally avoid anything with a vague or sloppy description, lots of typos, because I am looking for serious clients that value their project as much as I value my time. 

You are right, but old clients only prefer their old freelancer and thy
give them work again and again.they post a job and then hire them without
checking other freelancer.

Muhammad S wrote:
You are right, but old clients only prefer their old freelancer and thy
give them work again and again.they post a job and then hire them without
checking other freelancer.

Most clients that work with the same freelancer continuosly will either hire them directly, or add another milestone, or just keep the contract open, so these jobs will never show up as a new job posting. They will not go through the trouble of posting another job, and then deciding to go with the old freelancer.

Ok thanks for guidance.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths