One of my client Take my interview He Told me to Convert a PSD to HTML using Bootstrap Framework .
My clint is New Like Me on Upwork and He is Not Verified .
So Its My First Client on Upwork so i am quite Excited to do This .
He Gave me a PSD file And Told me to Conversion Html5 .
I Do this About 13+ Hours And Face Much more Problem. But Fixed Correctly. then He Claimed to send Him .But i am Nervous Thats y i Gave a ScreenShot Then he Claimed To Gave him ROW FILE .
I Told him its Not Secure for me and You're not Paying for that .Then HE told me its a Sample file So no Problem at all . So i Gave him and He took it about 10 HOurs almost No result at all .
he Claimed He has a Client if He Choose that then He will Give This Job to Me .
What should i do Now !!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
re: "What should i do Now !!!"
What you need to do is to read and study how Upwork works.
You made many mistakes here.
You did MANY things which violate Upwork policies and which contribute to diminishing Upwork as a platform.
Here are important steps for you to take:
1) Decide right now that you will NOT get paid any money at all for the work you did on this PSD to HTML project.
2) Read extensively in the Upwork help pages about the basics of how Upwork jobs work
3) Do searches in the Upwork Community Forum on topics related to your situation. Search for things such as "client did not pay" and "work without contract"
4) Randomly select threads in the Freelancer section. Read them to understand Upwork better.
5) If you do not understand what things you did wrong, ask questions in this thread. Don't explain what you did. You already did that. Ask specific questions until you know what you did wrong.
To get you started, I'll provide a few quick hints:
- You didn't have a contract
- You worked for free
- Upwork will not help you collect money
- If you want to, it would be acceptable to report this particular client. The client is a bad person and was violating Upwork policies. But reporting one client it is far less important than you figuring out how to use Upwork properly.
You'll need to make sure that you have a contract with the client before starting on any work, in order to make sure that any work you've done is covered by Upwork Payment Protection. If a client has asked you to provide them with free work without extending a contract to you, then you can flag the individual message(s) where they've asked for free work, by clicking on the little gear kog icon to the right of the message. Our team will review it and take appropriate action, as clients asking for work for free is against our ToS.
I would also suggest have a look at this thread which has helpful tips and excellent resources for users just getting started on the platform and it probably wouldn't hurt to check out this thread for tips on avoiding suspicious jobs and scams as well.
Read the ToU and spend some time reading through the threads. According to your profile you have no job. You probably worked for free this time. Consider it a lesson learned.
I would like to comment on your profile but learned that I am not allowed to. But do spent some more time with it before chasing after the next client.
Sayed - I see that you've successfully completed scammer initiation. Now that you've gone through it, you'll know what NOT to do. Usually new freelancers don't like to waste time reading about the procedures of Upwork, the do's and don'ts, what to look out for and other important information. They like to jump right in and experience being scammed.
You worked without being officially hired. (having an active contract) You provided free work. You started work before escrow was FULLY funded. You asked what you should do not. The answer is, concerning this job - Nothing. You didn't have a contract. You had no job. What you can do in the future, is to educate yourself with information on this site. Then and ONLY then should you look for work.
Recently, we hosted an event with Upwork's Engineering Lead, Mike Maietta. In this event, we introduced this new tool, and Mike demonstrated how to use it and answered questions.Learn More
Upwork partnered Red Bay Coffee and artists commissioned from our own platform to bring the Wake and Make blend to life. We asked the creatives to share their freelancer journeys.Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More