🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Closed account because of inactivity
Page options
giselle_marcos
Community Member

Closed account because of inactivity

Hello! I badly need help!, I have an account on Upwork however was being closed due to inactivity even though I still have connects on it the problem was I already have a client but wants to hire me through upwork. What am I going to do? Or is there any chance that I can have my account back? 

PS. I created this account so I can message here.

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giselle, 

It looks like the team has reached out to you through a support ticket with more information about your other account. Kindly refer to the email for more information, and on my end, I will follow up with the team so that they can get back to you regarding your question. 

In the meantime, please close this new account where you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for getting back to me. I really hope my account can be restored
still looking forward in giving me a second chance.

Avery, I know you can't discuss a ticket here, but can an account be closed because of inactivity? I thought inactive accounts would just be set to private. 

Community Manager

Hi John,

No, accounts aren't closed due to inactivity. Freelancer profiles can be set to private if they haven't earned in 30 days. Accounts can also be placed on hold or suspended for reasons outlined in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths