🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Closing a contract
Page options
sedmacatantan
Community Member

Closing a contract

Hey there. I'm new in Upwork, and I just finished a job a few hours ago. The client is still not responding, but how do we close the contract and confirm that the job has been sealed? I saw an "End contract" option under My Jobs, but I'm not sure if I should be the one to click it or it's supposed to be the client (do they have this button?), because he still hasn't seen my finished job. Does it make a difference if I'm the one who closes it? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Sedfrey M wrote:

Hey there. I'm new in Upwork, and I just finished a job a few hours ago. The client is still not responding, but how do we close the contract and confirm that the job has been sealed? I saw an "End contract" option under My Jobs, but I'm not sure if I should be the one to click it or it's supposed to be the client (do they have this button?), because he still hasn't seen my finished job. 

An hourly or a fixed rate contract? You finished the job just today? What is the rush? 

Do NOT close the job, give the client time. 

No, it is an hourly job which I did for four days.

Does this mean that the client will be the one to end the contract? Does it affect my record if I'm the one who closes it?

Sedfrey M wrote:

No, it is an hourly job which I did for four days.

Does this mean that the client will be the one to end the contract? Does it affect my record if I'm the one who closes it?

I would be better if the client ends it, as he will have to provide feedback then. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths