🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Company Account for Upwork Freelacer CEO - Fo...
Page options
ivan-palma
Community Member

Company Account for Upwork Freelacer CEO - Founder

On Upwork, there must be correspondence between the owner of the account and the Bank account. However, it is possible according to Upwork rules to have a company Bank account related to the Upwork account.

According to Upwork rules if I am the CEO of a company I can ask with a transcript to Upwork to recognize my company Bank account to my Upwork account.

My question is: If there are More founders of the company the principle is still the same?

Best

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivan,

If you would like to work as a team or represent yourself as a company you will need to create an agency profile. Under the agency profile, you can also add your company bank account to withdraw your earnings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

As written here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-or-Payment-Method-Under-Differen...

A possible solution for Upwork to troubleshoot the identification from Upwork account and bank account is “An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name” So I can understand from this statement that Upwork accept is the one that shows the transcript of a company bank account. So Upwork does accept company bank account for payment withdrawal if the identification between the profile and the owner of the bank account’ is confirmed or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan,

You can connect your business bank account to your Freelancer account.  You can use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method.

If there is any mismatch between your business bank account name and your Upwork account name, you may be asked to clear the mismatch. In this case, you will be asked to provide documents that will prove that you are the owner of the bank account. 

Although your profile itself needs to be in your name, you can include your company name in your profile and in your settings (under "Tax Information"), and use your company's tax ID, as well.  If your "business name" is different than your personal name in your account information, then your business name also appears on your invoices to your clients.  

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Bojan thank you for your detailed reply. I really appreciated it. Ok, so I am looking to create a company, let’s say Ivan ltd and I am the co-founder of the company with another guy.

The bank as well my details that will match in the transcript of the bank like My Name Surname Address, fiscal code/ trading number of the agency Then I can ask Upwork to match the company bank account to my Upwork profile for bank withdrawal, am I correct?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths