🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Complaint.
Page options
merriemusings
Community Member

Complaint.

I had an offer for interview. I haven't made any money on here yet. So I when I suggested a payment, that I was fine to negotiate with because every business should be willing to negotiate with you. I know I am qualified for the job. I am guessing they interviewer didn't understand more or something. But, he turned me down because of my money offer. I had never been offered an interview so I was excited. Now I am annoyed I got turned down when the person didn't even contact me to negotiate. I am also a little disappointed in their company as well.

5 REPLIES 5
michael_skaggs
Community Member

That's really just the nature of the game. Not everyone will negotiate, just like not everyone will even respond to a proposal at all. If you hold a grudge against every potential client who does something like that, you're going to burn out very quickly.

lysis10
Community Member

I call them stupid from behind the screen. Makes me feel superior.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Meredith M wrote:

I had an offer for interview. I haven't made any money on here yet. So I when I suggested a payment, that I was fine to negotiate with because every business should be willing to negotiate with you. I know I am qualified for the job. I am guessing they interviewer didn't understand more or something. But, he turned me down because of my money offer. I had never been offered an interview so I was excited. Now I am annoyed I got turned down when the person didn't even contact me to negotiate. I am also a little disappointed in their company as well.

Some comments:

You offer writing skills, but your post here in the forum is twice as long as the text of your profile, you have no port-folio examples of your work, you don't list RW work experience or relevant education. Your rate is too high for how you present, and sorry, your pic does not do you any favors either. 

You compete with thousands of other freelancers who have done their homework and have done all of the above, and much more. 

So stop sulking and get to it! (in my most motherly voice)

Quote: "I had an offer for interview. I haven't made any money on here yet. So I when I suggested a payment, that I was fine to negotiate with because every business should be willing to negotiate with you. I know I am qualified for the job. I am guessing they interviewer didn't understand more or something. But, he turned me down because of my money offer. I had never been offered an interview so I was excited. Now I am annoyed I got turned down when the person didn't even contact me to negotiate. I am also a little disappointed in their company as well."

You are charging $75/hour for your native English skills. As a professional writer. 

Do you write professionally as you do in your post, or do you take your time so that your English is grammatically sound and intelligible? 

Also -- Is "Musings" REALLY your last name?  What a great coincidence that you're a writer and that happens to be your last name.

Here's a quick thought: Maybe your "money offers" are too high? Or too low? (But I could be wrong. Sometimes I didn't understand more or something, just like those pesky they interviewer[s].)

Meredith,

Your profile (now set to private by Upwork) is not substantial enough to justify your hourly price. There is no point in complaining about clients if they don't want to hire you. I (and I am sure many of us) have had dozens of clients who show interest and then choose someone else. This is the name of the freelancing game and the only thing you can do is to move on. 

If you want to continue on Upwork, you need to ask a moderator to restore your profile, or upgrade to the paid membership, and your profile will be automatically restored. What is important is that you address the problems in your overview and add a portfolio.

@Martina

Portfolio is not hyphenated in either UK or US English.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths