🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Completed & handed over project still says "J...
Page options
webwebby
Community Member

Completed & handed over project still says "Job in progress"

I have completed a project on 29th April 2020 and the client was happy. However, on my profile, it still says (Job in progress). Would like to know the reason as the project is over and I was waiting for ratings by my client.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Antun M wrote:

Waseem Q wrote:

Hi Antun,

Don't know if it is closed or not (I'm new), however, the last milestone was accepted, I'm fully paid and it's over 3 weeks now still it says Job in progress.

Sounds like it's not a closed contract. No worries.

- You can do it yourself.
- You can wait for your client to do it "whenever".
- You can ask your client to close the contract.

No idea which you should do. Feel like you can't go wrong with either of the choices.

You should always let the client end the contract, because that assures feedback. Feedback is obviously very important as a marketing tool to get more jobs.

If you close the contract yourself, you will likely not get feedback, and a large number of no feedback jobs will be detrimental to JSS. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pudingstudio
Community Member

Waseem Q wrote:

I have completed a project on 29th April 2020 and the client was happy. However, on my profile, it still says (Job in progress). Would like to know the reason as the project is over and I was waiting for ratings by my client.

Thanks.

Was the contract closed?
Milestone can be approved while a contract is still in place, meaning that a contract will be shown as "in progress".

Some clients like to keep the jobs open for some future work (assume that makes it easier for them..).

Hi Antun,

Don't know if it is closed or not (I'm new), however, the last milestone was accepted, I'm fully paid and it's over 3 weeks now still it says Job in progress.

Waseem Q wrote:

Hi Antun,

No idea which you should do. Feel like you can't go wrong with either of the choices.

Antun M wrote:

Waseem Q wrote:

Hi Antun,

You should always let the client end the contract, because that assures feedback. Feedback is obviously very important as a marketing tool to get more jobs.

If you close the contract yourself, you will likely not get feedback, and a large number of no feedback jobs will be detrimental to JSS. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You only get feedback when a contract is closed. Closure is not automatic, either you or the client need to initiate it. If the client closes the contract, they are required to leave feedback about you and you are notified by email and invited to leave feedback about the client. If you close the contract, you are required to leave fb about the client and they are notified and invited to leave fb about you. They may or may not bother. Feedback remains hidden until both parties have participated or until 14 days elapse.

Since you are new, you want to accumulate closed contracts with stellar feedback in order to get a strong JSS. On the other hand, you don't want to pester clients. I advise you to send the client a message: thank them for the opp'ty to work on the project and if they do not need anything else, they can close the contract and easily rehire you with one click at a later date, if needed. Then let it go at that. If they close the contract and leave feedback, great. If they don't, just let it be, the idle contract will not affect anything. Focus on getting more projects and doing great work so your clients will be moved to give you great feedback. 

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths