🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Completed first hourly project. How to delive...
Page options
cda90e89
Community Member

Completed first hourly project. How to deliver and get paid

Was hired by a client for an hourly rate project. I have been running the screen capture app with verification of my hours.

The project scope was to review some financials and provide a summary report of my findings.

I have completed that process but didn’t know if I should upload the completed document or wait for some sort of payment to come through the system.

My payment info is already setup but no prepayments were made to me. Can someone walk me thru the proper steps to insure that I get paid as agreed
6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Charles, if you used time tracker properly, including writing memos each time you start the timer, then payment is guaranteed by Upwork so deliver your work to the client as soon as you complete it. Any hours you put in will be reviewed by the client next week, and then there’s a standard 5 day security period starting next Friday, after which you can finally withdraw your earnings, once it’s displayed under the Available tab in your Reports page.

re: "I have completed that process but didn’t know if I should upload the completed document or wait for some sort of payment to come through the system."

You should provide the work product immediately.

All work product generated by you while logging time belongs to the client who is paying. So in that sense, the files you created are not yours. They already belong to the client.

Keep in mind that the client provided his credit card information to Upwork already, and your logged time will already be billed to the client, and the money paid to you. The client does not need to do anything else for that to happen. You don't need to do anything else for that to happen.

So, yes, the correct thing for a professional freelancer to do while using an hourly contract is to provide everything to the client immediately.

Personally, I provide client access to an online space where I actually do the work, and my clients have complete, real-time access to all the files I generate, all the time.

In addition - I only work hourly.  I submit my work both through the Upwork system and also by email or dropbox.  Belt and suspenders!

Where can i deliver work? Should I send it through attachment in message box in chat

Noore N wrote:
Where can i deliver work? Should I send it through attachment in message box in chat

hourly - in messages.

escrow - submitting to the milestone

tayyabsaeed9
Community Member

I don't know why developers have made this platform super complicated, especially for beginners.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths