🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Completing a job
Page options
naomasa298
Community Member

Completing a job

Hi all,

I have completed my first job for a client. The job is still open, but the work has been done and delivered,and time submittted.

Both the client and I are new to Upwork. What else do we need to do to close the job off? They say they have received a billng notification but I don't know if that means they;ve been charged and/or payment has been made.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Shane,

Congratulations on your first completed job. If it's a fixed price contract, your client should approve the milestone in order for you to be paid. If it's an hourly contract, your client will be billed automatically for the hours logged in our desktop app. You may learn more about these in the following links:

Get paid for an hourly contract

Get paid for a fixed-price contract

Freelancers usually wait for the client to end the contract. This makes the final payment on a fixed-price job easier and ensures that the client leaves feedback for you. However, you can end a contract if you wish to do so. You may click here to learn how to end your contract. You may also send this to your client to help him/her know how to end your contract. Thank you!

Untitled

Thanks Ryan. At what point can they leave feedback? Do they have to end the contract before they can do that?

Hello Shane,

Yes. The contract must be ended first before you and your client can leave a feedback. Please note that the feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired. If the 14-day feedback period expires before you are able to add comments, you can contact the client and ask them to allow you to add feedback late. You’ll be notified once the option to leave feedback is available. Thank you.

Untitled

Thank you,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths