We are planning to hire some freelancers for some tasks that we posted. However, there are some concerns on payment via credit card. We hope you can clarify on our concerns before we proceed to register our card details. Most of our tasks will be at fixed rate (not hourly).
Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry here and the team has already responded to you. I would be still happy to answer your queries here:
1. The charge on your card depends on the type of contract you initiate with the freelancer. For Hourly contracts, you will be invoiced for logged hours during the previous week on every Monday. This is charged automatically to your default billing method. You will have until Friday during the same week to dispute any issues with the logged hours. You can also set a Recurring weekly billing payment or pay bonuses manually on top of logged hours. For Fixed price contracts, you can pay your hired freelancer as a one-off payment or divide the payment into milestones.
2. Your card details need to be registered on Upwork to complete automatic payments.
3. We do not offer TAC approval but we do have different payment types based on their contracts.
4. Check out this help page for available billing methods.
5. Payment to hired freelancers cannot be done via bank transfers or Wire transfers to Upwork.
Please don't hesitate to follow up on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.