🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Confirm my bank details
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Thanks for your prompt response. Could you tell me where on the website I
can find that it has been approved?

Many thanks.
Stella

Hi Stella,

You can find more information about your name, location, address, etc by going to Settings > Contact info.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
I'm Madhavam, a freelancer on Upwork. Recently I added my paypal account to upwork to get paid, but it's telling me that I can't get paid since the beneficiary name is mismatched.

Hi Madhavam,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

I get the same error although Im sure the names are the same

Hi Saifeddin,

Please allow up to 48 hours for our team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I got this problem but I used this bank account to withdraw previously.

Hi Kalayu,

I can confirm that this has been taken care of, you should no longer see the error on your account.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c_adrie
Community Member

Hi,
I', not in a position to withdraw my earned money I have agan received
another message abou names not matching and the Identification process was
successfully completed. This is just hectic, one issue after another I will
really appreciate your assistance.

[image: image.png]
Thank you.

Cadette

Hi Cadette,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
fadi-mounir
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue could someone help me? Thanks in advance 

Hi Fadi,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
lukasjurcik
Community Member

Hi, it's been a couple of weeks now and I would like to withdraw the amount I have earned. The problem is that when I go to the "Get paid" page it says "The beneficiary name is mismatched." on my bank account information.

I have verified my identity and it's my personal bank account. The reason why I think it got flagged is that my name on the ID I "Lukáš Jurčík" but on Uprowk I can't use this kind of special characters so my name here is "Lukas Jurcik". 

It's been a couple of weeks like this and I really don't know where to get help? Also, there is no customer support email or anything here on Upwork. Every time I try, I am redirected to the community forum.  Does anyone know where to actually submit a ticket and get help? 
Thank you. 

Hi Lukas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible will and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 
Please do, I would appreciate that. 

Thank you.

- Lukas

Hi Goran, 

I still haven't received any assistance and the issue persists.

Could you please confirm the ticket was submitted? 

Thank you. 

-Lukas 

Hi Lukas,

Apologies for the delay. I followed up with the team and it looks like they were able to solve the issue already! Could you please check one more time?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

No problem. Seems to be fine now. 

Thanks! 

ohvart
Community Member

Hello upwork! I have a little problem. I was trying to use my PayPal account to work here. But my beneficiary name is mismatched. The biggest problem is that I'm Russian so my PayPal account created with Russian passport and Cyrillic letters. So in my PayPal account my name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** in Russian and in upwork my name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** which is transliteration of my name. I can't change my name in PayPal to English version and I can't change my name in upwork to Russian version either. Can you please help me? 
Also I can't use any other payment methods because payoneer is not available in Russia and direct payment to bank account is not available either. I'm really looking forward to your help. Thanks in advance!

Hi Julia,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
freelanceup
Community Member

Hi everyone, I am new to Upwork as a freelancer and thank anyone who can help me out. I have entered my bank details and got no error message from Upwork. I did that a few weeks back when I actively joined Upwork as a freelancer. Now that I have my first job and about to receive my first deposit tomorrow, I would like to know how to confirm that my bank details are fine and that when the time comes, the transfer will be made with no issues? I tried to contact support via the Chat Bot, but could not get through. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Hi Christian,

You can go to Settings > Get Paid to check on your payment methods. If you'd like to double-check the information you can edit or re-add them. Rest assured, as long as you have the right account number and the name on the bank account matches the name on your Upwork account, there is nothing to worry about with withdrawing your funds.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your prompt rely and feedback.

All is well in my account details number. However,  the name of the account is my company account in Australia under which I work. How can I solve this problem urgently? Thanks for your reply.

Here is the messag/ notification that I got... please see attached

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Christian,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks Andrea: Adelisa from Spport did contant me and I sent her the necessry documents.

fabelo_agudo_rob
Community Member

Hi, I am a new Freelance in Upwork from Spain.

I would like to pay the taxes through a Cooperative Society. They offer a service which consists in receiving the money, paying the taxes and doing the paperwork. I send them an invoice and they then give me the money through wire transfer with social security contributions already paid.

I tried to put the bank account in the "get paid" section, but I have a problem, because the name of the owner of the account and the company doesn't match mine. I would like to know how to proceed, because I don't know how to address with customer service or any Upwork's staff.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi Roberto,

~Andrea
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

I have the same problem, but I just changed my profile name into my full name.

Hi Kara,

I checked and it looks like your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance after this.

Additionally, it looks like you need to complete the W-8BEN form. You can complete the W-8BEN form under Settings > Tax Info, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
65308ee4
Community Member

Hi again! So, I’m filling out my W-8Ben and it’s asking for ny legal name
of business, do I write virtual assistant? Sorry for the ignorant question.
Lol

Hello Kara, 

Thank you for your message. You can add your real and easily verifiable name as the Legal name of the business if you are working as an independent Freelancer. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Thanks for responding!

I also sent a message earlier asking about the beneficiary mismatched I got
after filling out my W9. I was just wondering, since I already made changes
to my current name on UpWork to my full legal name, will the mismatch be
lifted and will my account be reactivated?

Hello Kara,

Thank you for your message.

Your payment details are accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thank you!
46f7e468
Community Member

Hi, 

My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match my name on my Upwork account. I used bank method under my wife's name thats why it got rejected. Im planning to use my paypal account but I do not know how to register again. 

Your reply will be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Jester,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you. Additionally, you may want to consider completing the Form W-8BEN since I see you haven't done so yet.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lsamarawickrama
Community Member

Hi All ,

I got following message from upwork.

"The name xxxx  on your payment account xxxxx ending in xxxx has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance".

But this bank account belongs to me and its name is "my full name with initials". My full name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and my name on my account is **Edited for Community Guidelines** My upwork name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can some one please help.

Best regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lahiru,

I can see that you are already in communication with the team regarding this. If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, feel free to post them on your support ticket so that the team can follow up with you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths