🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Confused....Help me to understand this?
Page options
goyal_divya
Community Member

Confused....Help me to understand this?

Hello,

I am confused about many things ..can anybody help me know about the upwork more...Here are my queries

1.  what can we do to make our profile more visible to buyers?

2. Does communication link outside upwork like mail or conatct allowed to share on upwork

3. Does skill test help up to get more recognization from other sellers.

4. Is there any option to share my profile on social media for marketing purpose. will that help?

Await responses...Will appreciate your help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tranvanhieu
Community Member

1/Inside Upwork: use the right profile title, right list of skills. Outside: up to you

2/It is allowed. (Please see the explanation below)

3/The tests are shown in your profile for visitors's reference, I don't see other use of it.

4/Just copy your profile link and share anywhere you can.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tranvanhieu
Community Member

1/Inside Upwork: use the right profile title, right list of skills. Outside: up to you

2/It is allowed. (Please see the explanation below)

3/The tests are shown in your profile for visitors's reference, I don't see other use of it.

4/Just copy your profile link and share anywhere you can.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Divya,

Following up on Hieu's second point from their comment and your second question, you're free to share direct contact details in your proposals or later during the interview and in the message room created for your contract, but not on your profile. However, we strongly advice freelancers, especially new ones, to communicate with clients only through Upwork Messages, at least until they agree on the terms and a contract is created on the platform.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
goyal_divya
Community Member

Thankyou all for your help!! will try to get started working on upwork and wish to get the project soon.

goyal_divya
Community Member

Thankyou  all for your help! wish to get the project soon....

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths