🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Confused. Job done, client wants to hire ...
Page options
dunlop_renee
Community Member

Confused. Job done, client wants to hire again, balance is $0?!

I'm confused. I've done a job, they paid (I think) and are happy enough to ask for more. I've filled out the w9. However:
* my balance is still $00.00 when I clicked "Get Paid"
* even though they were very happy, they offered more work but for less pay and a deadline I can't make. I pitched for more money, and a longer period. I have not heard back from them.
* I still show as Active, so I'm not even sure if I'm showing as available when I send proposals to other clients.
* I have not seen an option to give feedback, and I've not seen feedback from them.
Can anyone clarify what is going on and how to resolve it? Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I just checked your account and I could see that your earnings are still in the Pending phase. You may check that by going to your Overview page. Your earnings will become available after the 5-day security period. Thank you!

Untitled

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Is there a contract listed under "My Jobs"? If not, then you essentially worked for free.

Also, you filled out the W-9 on Upwork, and not for the client, right?

Yes, and yes. Thanks!

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I just checked your account and I could see that your earnings are still in the Pending phase. You may check that by going to your Overview page. Your earnings will become available after the 5-day security period. Thank you!

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths