🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Confused about Billing Method
Page options
gonscla
Community Member

Confused about Billing Method

Hi fellow freelancers,

I have a Billing Method (a card I use for buying connects) and a Payoneer Card that is my Payment Method. I got paid 5 USD for a job I've done a couple of weeks ago and from those 5 USD, 1 USD was debited for Service Fees For Fixed Price, so my balance was 4 USD. Cool. Now, the other day I paid 3 USD for 20 connects with my Billling Method, and now my Reports show a payment for 3 USD (the connects I bought) and a total balance of 1 USD. So, where did those 4 USD go to in the first place when I was paid? To my Billing Method? There's something I'm missing here or that I do not understand.

Appreciate if you can help me.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Gonzalo S wrote:

Hi fellow freelancers,

I have a Billing Method (a card I use for buying connects) and a Payoneer Card that is my Payment Method. I got paid 5 USD for a job I've done a couple of weeks ago and from those 5 USD, 1 USD was debited for Service Fees For Fixed Price, so my balance was 4 USD. Cool. Now, the other day I paid 3 USD for 20 connects with my Billling Method, and now my Reports show a payment for 3 USD (the connects I bought) and a total balance of 1 USD. 

You didn't pay for the connects with your billing method. You paid for the connects with your Upwork balance.

gonscla
Community Member

oohh I didn't know that was possible. Everything's clear now. But what if I do not want to pay with my Balance? 
Many thanks!

Hi Gonzalo,

Please note that if you have sufficient funds, we will withdrawal from your account balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths