Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion Regarding Residence and Taxes

Active Member
Yigit D Member Since: Jun 24, 2019
1 of 2

Hello there,

Currently  I'm in Germany for some time to study the language, then I'm planning to start my second BA studies here.

I came from Turkey and my residence is still in Turkey. I'm pretty lost about the "Tax Information" part. I have a registered address in Germany but I don't have a permanent residency and therefore I don't have a working permit.

Germany Gov. already sent me a mail which had my Tax ID.

Should I wait before starting to do freelance work before I get my residence permit or should I just give my Turkish address in "Tax Information" section ? I don't know how the system works and I don't want to commit a fraud in any way.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 2

Hi Yigit,


If you are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location.


Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.


Thank you.

~ Bojan

View solution in original post