🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Confusion on payment methods
Page options
laurapreto
Community Member

Confusion on payment methods

Hi there! I am very confused about payment methods for European (I am from Italy) citizens. What is this W-8BEN form? I am not a business and I don't have a VAT so how am I supposed to be able to withdraw my funds once I start earning? The more I read about the topic the more confused I became 😞 Thanks in advance and have a great day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Laura P wrote:

What is this W-8BEN form?

It simply confirms that you are not a US tax payer.

@Laura P wrote:

I am not a business and I don't have a VAT so how am I supposed to be able to withdraw my funds once I start earning?

You enter your legal name as the name of your business. You do not have to enter a VAT (Partita IVA) number.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Laura P wrote:

What is this W-8BEN form?

It simply confirms that you are not a US tax payer.

@Laura P wrote:

I am not a business and I don't have a VAT so how am I supposed to be able to withdraw my funds once I start earning?

You enter your legal name as the name of your business. You do not have to enter a VAT (Partita IVA) number.

g_vigna
Community Member

Hi, 

does anyone know how to do the "dichiarazione dei redditi" for the money earned through Upwork? I have a partita iva, but I don't really understand what I should do, should I issue a fattura to upwork for the amount I earned?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths