🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Conncets deducted
Page options
eec34881
Community Member

Conncets deducted

I have applied for a job a week ago. Then the connect was deducted at that time according to my submission. July 4 2022 ,Yesterday connect was refunded I think due to job close but again it was deducted unnecessarily. When I see the proposals and archieves. There is no any such job title which name was in connect deduction yesterday

**edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santosh, 

Looks like you're referring to the proposal you boosted for a job. We will initially charge the amount of Connects that you bid plus the amount listed on the job post. Once the auction is closed (after seven days or after the first hire), we will issue any eligible refunds. In your case, the job post lists two Connects necessary to submit a proposal. You bid three additional Connects to boost your proposal to a promoted one, meaning you spent five Connects total.

You were eligible to be refunded for your total bid of three Connects.  If you are owed a refund of Connects, you will be refunded for the entire amount you bid, then charged the correct amount. 
Refunds are issued if:

• You didn’t bid enough to make the top three spots at all. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • You earned a boosted spot temporarily, but the client never interacted with your proposal and you were bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction closed. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • Your bid was above the third highest bidder. We’ll only charge you the lowest of the top three bidders and refund the rest. For example, you bid 10 Connects and the next highest bids are 8 and 7. All three of you will only pay 7 Connects to have your proposal promoted, meaning you’ll be refunded the 3 extra Connects you bid. This will display as a refund of the full amount you bid to boost (10) and then a charge of what you owe in the end (7).
  • You bid for a job that we end up removing due to a Terms of Service violation. You’ll be refunded both the boosted Connects and the cost of submitting the proposal.

Looks like this boosted proposal had an eligible interaction which is why you are seeing another deduction in your Connects History. It would be best to check how Boosted Proposals work by visiting this article for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths