cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Refund?

Ace Contributor
Aloke T Member Since: May 5, 2015
1 of 3

I noticed that lot of jobs that I applied for have had no hiring activity in weeks. Some jobs were even closed without hiring. Also, I noticed following:

1. Client posts a job and hires a freelancers they are working with at present or have worked in past with on another project. All other freelancers end up losing connects.

2. Client posts duplicate jobs.

Community Leader
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
2 of 3
Really this is very disappointin. We are buying connects to apply then these matters happen.
Will upwork take any step in near futur?
Thank you.
Md Emonuzzaman
Ace Contributor
Aloke T Member Since: May 5, 2015
3 of 3
I don't think so. I have seens jobs that require 6 connects, have 20 - 50 propsals and no hires. While each freelancer lost 90 cents, upwork made between $18 to $45. I have not seen improvement in quality of jobs or clients.

I don't see a reason why upwork can't charge a client for posting a job. This will not only verify their payment method but will also reduce bogus job postings. They can adjust the job posting charge if client hires and pays a freelancer. I recently encountered a client who posted a high price job, wasted my one hour in interview and discussion, when I proposed a solution, he offered me $20 for delivering the solution. I ended up blocking that person.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS