🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connection points
Page options
24db14e8
Community Member

Connection points

This morning I received an invite for an interview with a prospective client.

The proposals needed are 20-50.  I have only 7 active proposals. Do I qualify for the invitation to submit a proposal?  I'm confused.

Why would someone request an interview when I don't meet the quantity requirement for proposals?

Thank you,

Please expedite as Upwork and client are waiting!

Janet Hughes

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janet,

Please note that the number of proposals showing under the "Activity on this job" is not a requirement but a number of the proposals currently submitted for the project you were invited to. If you find this project suitable for your skills and expertise, feel free to apply for it

To help you get started, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Center. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janet,

Please note that the number of proposals showing under the "Activity on this job" is not a requirement but a number of the proposals currently submitted for the project you were invited to. If you find this project suitable for your skills and expertise, feel free to apply for it

To help you get started, please check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Center. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
24db14e8
Community Member

Thank you! You JUST made my day! So glad I asked as this was very
confusing!
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Janet, I just wanted to warn you that since you're a relatively new freelancer and you're located in the U.S., you'll need to watch out for scams. If this client wants to interview you on Skype and/or send you a cheque to pay for equipment, both of these things are against the terms of service and should be flagged as inappropriate. Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths