🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects and Bids
Page options
hebakotb
Community Member

Connects and Bids

Hi,

I can neither understand the idea of connects nor the idea of bids. Would anyone please provide further explanation for both. Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance,

Heba

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Heba H wrote:

Hi,

I can neither understand the idea of connects nor the idea of bids. Would anyone please provide further explanation for both. Thanks in advance.

Read all the links in this post.

Connects are like tokens you use to apply for contracts. Each proposal "costs" you 3 Connects.

Bids are your proposals, you propose to do a contract at the price you want to do it, either hourly or per job.

hebakotb
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your helpful reply. I just can't understand where to get connects from also regarding bids, if forexample I'm being paid 25$ per hour so this is my bid when I submit a proposal?

Thanks in advance,

Heba

Hi Heba,

Petra is correct. You can learn more about connects on this help article, but please make sure to read the link Petra shared as it is going to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hebakotb
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. I have already gone through this help article, but unfortunately didn't get the idea of both the connects and the bids that's why I asked for further explanation.

Thanks,

Heba

yitwail
Community Member

Heba, every freelancer gets 60 connects each month, or 70 with a $10 plus membership plan. Each time a freelancer sends a job proposal, that uses 2 connects. So at most you can apply for 30 jobs a month with free membership.

Whenever a freelancer sends a proposal, the proposal includes a bid. For an hourly job, the bid is the hourly rate the freelancer wants to be paid, and for a fixed price job, the bid is the total payment the freelancer wants to receive.

Hi John,

Thanks a million for this detailed explanation. Things are now clear for me.

Regards,

Heba

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths