🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects refund
Page options
aade5edb
Community Member

Connects refund

I applied for a job and now it's been one month and I haven't seen any activity regarding that job and it's not closed either....... I want my connects back as it's wasting my time.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeerak,

Thank you for your message. Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse

In this case, as shown in your screenshot, the client has hired a freelancer for this role. As such, Connects will not be refunded. You can learn more about Connects here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeerak,

Thank you for your message. Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse

In this case, as shown in your screenshot, the client has hired a freelancer for this role. As such, Connects will not be refunded. You can learn more about Connects here.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

What if a poster creates a job but doesn't look at it again? Is there a deadline for the poster to take action, either by hiring someone or closing the post? In the attached example, the poster hasn't looked at the job since he/she first posted it.

Thanks,

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Yes, there is. Job posts expire after 30 days due to a lack of activity. “Activity” includes editing the job post, hiring a freelancer, and sending messages.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, thank you for the answer. Follow-up questions:

1. Does merely viewing the post by the poster not count as activity?
2. If a job post expires, do the freelancers get their connects refunded?

Thanks!

Hi Kristin,

There needs to be some interaction in the job post for it to be considered activity, for example, receiving new proposals can also count as activity. If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job and it expires, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths