🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects refund!
Page options
mistos
Community Member

Connects refund!

Hi,

I noticed that a lot of jobs I applied to were closed without any hire happening, still I didn't get my connects back. Is this normal in my case ?

Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamad,

Please send me a PM (Click on my name) with the job posts that you`re referring to, so that I can check this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100

Hello, I've faced the same issue, can you please check it for me, several jobs closed lately with no hiring, and I didn't get my connects back. Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zakaria,

I checked this for you and everything looks ok. Your connects were refunded for one project canceled by the client. This you can check under your Connects History.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thanks for letting us know the rules. 

I have one more thing to understand

If the client do not hire anyone or do not hire me that I will get refund my connectors ??

Please Clarify 

Thanks

How long does it take for a job to 'expire'?
It has been weeks and no response

Hi Nikolay,

A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Please, see this article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects
used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. *This does not
apply to expired job posts.*

*Does this mean that if they hire someone else the connects are not going
to be refunded?*

Hi Nikolay,

A job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork ToS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. If a job expires after 30 days of inactivity the clients will still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Hope this helps clarify the difference between the two.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your swift reply!

So if the contract was done someone else i will not receive my connects refunded?

Greetings!

Can you help to refund my connect can't apply for any job post because of the limited connect.
Please help me. 

Thankyou!

My cycling perod is over on 17jan and I have posted on many job. But many of jobs is closed and I cannot receive my connects till now? PLz see my account and resolve this problem.

Hi Irfan,

Just to confirm that all freelancers were moved to paid connects. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't receive free connects anymore.
Regarding your jobs, please send me an example via PM (click on my name) so that I can investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I want to refund my Connects back in my account.##- Please type your reply
above this line -##

Hi Irfan,

Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear,

I applied for the job which is now closed but i didn't get my connects back. Can anybody help me in this matter

I am facing the same issue regarding the connect refund. The job was expired or closed, but I did not get back my connects. Please look into this issue.

Regards,

Mehedi Hasan

Hi H M Mehedi,

Could you please send me a private message with the job postings so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Job closed, no refund. Why?

Hi, Goran.

I have a question here. Would you mind to answer, please? If I canceled my proposal in the job that should refund my connects, would my proposal be refunded? And also the last job I submitted proposal was close, and I did not get my connects. Thank you in advance

Best regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ulugbek,

Unfortunately, no, connects are not refunded if a proposal is withdrawn. A job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork ToS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Hope this helps clarify the difference between the two. Please, see this article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I also have the same concern. I got two emails of the same information that a job I applied for got closed for not following UpWork Terms of Service, both for the same job (please see the attached images and their timestamps).

I have not received a Connects refund as well. What can I do to report this?

Thank you,

Christine

Hi Christine,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Thank you very much for your quick response! I will await the processing of my concern. By the way, the images I uploaded earlier may not have been added correctly so I have added them again here for the timestamp reference. 

Thank you again!

Christine

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am new in this. Connects should automatically refunded once the client did not hire me. I just widrawn some of the closed job. Can u check.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Joey Peredo,

Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Please note that withdrawing the proposal will not refund the Connect used to submit the proposal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I just widraw because i thought that would refund. You can check on your system. Just widraw earlier hour ago.

I have so many proposal and no refund initiated. That is why upwork put me in private. I both 10 connects so I can do my proposal. Can u assist on the refund of my connect? I sent u the screenshot of the project

Hi,

Goran, I had submitted few jobs and Client did not hire me but he/she closed the job. However, I did not get refund for those connects used to submit the proposal. All those jobs are now saved in "ARCHIVED". Please do let me know the process to get refunds for those connects.

Thanks and Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Prasant,

When a client closes the job without hiring a freelancer or we find that job post has violated Upwork's Terms of Service, the Connects are returned automatically.

As Goran mentioned, please note that Connects are not returned if a job post is closed because it expired.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I heard that Upwork refund the connect if the client does not hire? Is that true? Because i have not received such refund the project i applied.

Regards
Abhimani

No

Hi Abhimani,

Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Goran!

Many jobs I applied are closed without hiring. But, connects are not refunded 

Hi Fahmida Hoque,

As other moderators mentioned above, please note that Connects are not returned if a job post is closed because it expired. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the jobs you're referring to? I'll surely have those reviewed and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Please make a new policy as it is much needed. I have a suggestion for the refund of connects, if a client does not respond in a week, our connects must be refunded because we cannot wait as we have been running out of connects. I have submitted 8 proposals. many days are gone. I am not hired by someone but my connections are not refunded. This is a time waste to wait for a client's response. We do not have an idea when they will respond. Our connects are useless till they remove the job. 

Hi Sohail,

We understand you want your Connects returned after a week when the client does not respond. Please also consider that clients may take more than a week to select a freelancer whom they will interview or prequalify, especially if they're receiving too little or too many proposals.

Rest assured that when clients post jobs, they are reminded to close the job if they will not be hiring and that they get notified via email if the job post is about to expire.

~ AJ
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mohamad M wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that a lot of jobs I applied to were closed without any hire happening, still I didn't get my connects back. Is this normal in my case ?

Regards,

That happens a lot. The better you select the jobs to apply to, research hiring rate, feedback, how long the client is on upwork, the less it will happen to you. 

I have a similar problem, none of the connects was returned despite the job was closed and none people hired, who should I contact to troubleshoot the issue?

Hi Michael,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with a few examples so that I can check the details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Right Martina P:

I think, this mentioned suggestion can also work but its also not confirmend. Your connects are held in any case. What can be the best solution ?

That's why I'm saying, restrict client for a period of time, not more than
a week. After a week his job must me removed or Alert him with a warning so
he will either hire a freelancer or remove the job after a week. This is
insane, a client post a job, do not close for a long time. He/she doesn't
care about connects of freelancer. The Upwork team must review the connect
policy.
lisandrocromani
Community Member

Hello! I'm having the same problem here.

I applied several jobs in which was specified that the connects would be refund if a hire wont happen, those jobs are now closed and my connects were NOT refund.

can plase anyone asist me with this? I'm new here in Upwork and for the moment I cannot waste the connects.

Thank you.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths