🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects
Page options
esde79
Community Member

Connects

Really should verify your connects politics, 70 for the premium plan is not enough, There are many jobs published every day and also more freelancers and proposals and some of them very very cheap so is becoming more difficult every month to get a job. Upwork takes huge fees from our work so i certainly believe you should help us to get more jobs instead of trying to get more money from as selling very expensive connects.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

This makes no sense.

If everyone had more Connects nobody would win more jobs. There is a finite number of hires, and all that increasing the number of Connects would do would be the clients losing the will to live trying to wade through even more proposals.

The trick is to apply smarter and with better proposals and to more profitable jobs.

Don't try to get more Connects, try to make each Connect earn you more money.

The real story behind posts like this is that THEY want more connects. They don't actually want everyone to have more connects, for the very reason you pointed out.

The real story is i truly believe the connects are not enough, i dont know in your category, but in mine there are to many offers and proposals, and this icreased on the last years, not always have been like this, is becoming worst specially after Upwork purchased Elance, there are very cheap offers and what is worst even cheaper proposal, so if you have enough with the connects you get, good for you, but i think premium users should have a bit more than almost and only 1 proposal per day.
and do me a favor and dont try to speak for me.

petra_r
Community Member

@Juan M wrote:

The real story is i truly believe the connects are not enough, i dont know in your category, but  so if you have enough with the connects you get, good for you, but i think premium users should have a bit more than almost and only 1 proposal per day.
and do me a favor and dont try to speak for me.

I actually haven't used a Connect since.... Mid December.

Apply smarter. Diversify. Don't get more jobs, get better and bigger ones. Look for longer term relationships and repeat clients.

When everyone has more Connects nobody wins more jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths