🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects
Page options
munza-a-qadir
Community Member

Connects

Can I use billing method to buy connects instead of Upwork balance? I don't want to use my Upwork balance to buy connects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like buying connects via a billing method requires your Upwork balance to be $0.00. So you would need to withdraw your funds from Upwork in order to buy connects using your billing method. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Munza,

If you have sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, you can use this balance to pay for an ongoing Freelancer Plus membership or purchase additional Connects. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method.

Note: If you are moving from our free Basic plan to a Plus plan, you will need to sign up and pay for the first month with your billing method (any existing balance can't be used in this case).

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for the help, Nikola. I really didn't want to use my hard-earned Upwork balance to buy connects, but I guess that's the only sol in this case. 

Hello Nikola,

I would like to clarify some info. Because of dispute process there is a hold on agency's financial account.
I have added card to buy connects, but I can't see dropdown menu for choosing this option. How I can buy connects for my agency now?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Rodion

nyonomega0
Community Member

Sure, you can add your billing method here.

Hi Sushant, thanks for the reply. I have added the billing method but every time I buy connects it's deducting from Upwork balance and not using the billing method for it.

It looks like buying connects via a billing method requires your Upwork balance to be $0.00. So you would need to withdraw your funds from Upwork in order to buy connects using your billing method. 

Yeah, it seems to be the only sol I guess

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths