🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: having issues with virtual verfication
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276

Hi Muhamed,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or to log in via Firefox to complete the process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm logging in via Firefox but my problem is not solved. please I need to solve this problem

Hi Muhamed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!
I have same issue
I cleared all cache, but still getting the "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity" message. Can You help me with that?

Hi Victor,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3790de65
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same problem. I'm using Firefox and have emptied the cache, but it hasn't helped. Can someone get in touch with me, please?
Thanks!

/Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adrianabrasaldo
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have provided all neccessary information, but I am unsuccessful with visual verification process.

Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Is there any way you can extend my account's due date? it will expire on Nov 24, 2020 and I am still working with a client, I have also a situation on my part because I have only a philhealth card and school id and I don't have any government-issued id, and the problem is philhealth is not considered as a primary id. I am still in the process of getting a government-issued id and it takes atleast 1 month to get it. This is my first job on upwork and I hope you can help me with my situation.

Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

I checked and can see you were able to raise this concern with our support team via your ticket. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
diknash-mohammad
Community Member

When I tried to make the second step of verification it gives me this message pls help .

Hello. I have the same problem too. We need assistance.

Hi Mohammad and Stephane,

Our team will reach out on your tickets with more details and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jeaninewil
Community Member

UpWork has given me a notification that I need to verify my identity to avoid my account being suspended. I've uploaded my ID, but when I try to initiate a chat, the system times out. Is there a way around this?

Hi Jeanine,

~ Goran
Upwork
testifire
Community Member

i have been trying virtual verification but it does work no matter how hard i smile and upwork is not connecting to my google meet. Please help me some of my features have already been blocked

Hi Testimony,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
micah_jaira
Community Member

I've been asked by upwrok to verify my identity or else my account will be on hold. I am trying to verify my identity via video chat. I tried it multiple times already but its not working. What should I do about this? I need help. PLEASE. 

Hi Micah,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

STILL not working. I badly need help about this. Please help

Please let me talk to a live human. Chat Bot keeps on saying the same thing. The email instructions provided to me still not working. I would need to verify my identity asap to avoid getting my account on hold. PLEASE help me with this. Thank you

Hi Micah,

I can see that you`ve already followed up on your ticket with additional questions. Rest assured, our team will follow up with you directly there and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the response

I have the same problem please can you help?  I'm trying to verify my identity since this morning but no chat showing , only help center page. 

Can you please tell me what should I do ? I've tried to use a different browser , even unlock cookies etc but no change

751fce42
Community Member

Hi,

So I have to verify my identity within 7 days. After I upload my passport, I have to go through a live chat or video call. Whenever I click on "chat now", I just get redirected to support page.

On support page, whenI want to go to live support, website seems not to recognise my touch for support button. All other options work fine.

Same goes if I use my laptop.

Hi Gintaras,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dennispace
Community Member

Hi guys,

The Visual Verification portion of my setup isn't working.

I have tried it on my phone (Android), laptop (A mac and windows) and my iPad and am still not getting anywhere.

Any  help would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

Hi Dennis,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

Im getting time out every time i verify through video call, please help

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abrarhgalib
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to get visual verification by video completed. It's not working from my phone or my laptop. When I click on the Chat Now on my laptop, it redirects me to the Help and Support Page before it times out. On my phone, the chat now button is not even visible. Here are my system specs:

1. Xiaomi Redmi S2 with Android 9; Google Meet installed

2. Opensuse 15.1 on laptop

I have also attached an image from my phone that shows the screenshot of the verification page. What are the next steps now? How do I contact support? I tried to connect over chat but the chatbot is just unhelpful. I also could not find a direct email for support.

Hi Abrar,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ialbertd
Community Member

Hello there, I've already complete the ID document verification but I'm having issues with the Visual verification, every time I try to do it says:

"Timed out on waiting for an agent to verify your identity"

I've been trying again like 5 times, but I keep getting the same issue. I've also changed the browser.

Hi Albert,

~ Goran
Upwork
lemosnifme
Community Member

Hello,

I have completed the ID verification and I want to receive a video call from upwork team so that I can complete the visual verification process. But i am unable to find a way to receive a google meet link and I am not seeing a way to directly contact a support team member. I am getting the following message each time i try to cmplete the procesScreenshot (577).pngs. I had tried troubleshoot methods availble at articles on help center. But still unable to solve the issue. Please help me with thiScreenshot (576).pngs. Thanks.

haydeebaquiran
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot do the Visual verification. Everytime I join the chat  it stays for sometime trying in the end, shows me that message 

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

Please help me fix the issue please!?

Thank you!

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Rochana and Haydee.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1130b340
Community Member

Hello.

I have the same problem. It redirects me to the support page and nothing happens until a timeout.

Can someone help me, please?

Hello! I'm getting same problem - "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity".

I've tried different browsers, clearing cache and did it on notebook, phone.

Please help, thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths