🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Redirects and Visual ID Chek
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276

Hi Edder Enrique,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had while trying to complete the verification process. I've requested assistance from our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bf5523f1
Community Member

The link I got not working as well.

Here's the link that doesn't work.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Edder Enrique,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team. Please allow them to review and they will update you directly via your ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
jobgori
Community Member

i have the same issue when trying visual verification

Hi Job,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1f29c56a
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Already tried using different browser and clear cache but it's still not working.

Hi Lorie,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nadjav
Community Member

I have the same problem, and the "get help" on the support page doesn't work, even when I clear the cache. 
Could I get some support, please?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nadja,

Our team will reach out to you on your ticket and via email to assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue here, please help

Hi Abat,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b417c88f
Community Member

I'm trying to complete visual verification, but when I click the "Chat Now" it times out with "Wait for visual id check".  I've tried multiple times over the past few days and it always times out.  I have popups enabled and 3rd party cookies enabled.

I wanted to submit a support ticket about this (not post to the community forum) but the "Get Help" button at the bottom of https://support.upwork.com/ doesn't actually do anything.  Inspect element from chrome shows it as just a button without an associated link.

Does anyone in the community have an idea how to resolve this and/or can anyone from Upwork reach out to me to resolve?

Thank you

Hi Cameron,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
4fe56bc2
Community Member

ı cant verify my Identity verification, I click on the start chat option, but somehow the video verification window does not open and the page times out. Please help me as soon as possible, I have 4 days left to verify.Thank You

Hi Alperen,

One of our agents will be reaching out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
auladbejoy
Community Member

I'm trying to complete visual verification, but when I click the "Chat Now" it times out with "Wait for visual id check". I've tried multiple times over the past few days and it always times out.

Hi Aulad,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
42e5b072
Community Member

I have the same problem. When I try to do visual varification, it knocks me out. Please tell me what to do.

Hi Liudmila,

I am sorry for the late response. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liudmila, 

I apologize for the delay. The team has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can also check the same ticket thread in your email inbox. 

Let us know if we can assist you further with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey there,

Unfortunately because the help page isn't working I cannot see the link to
this support ticket either.

Hi Hannah, 

Are you able to locate the ticket in your personal email inbox? Kindly look for the email with the subject "Action required within 7 days: Verify your identity." 

Please let us know if you are unable to locate the same email in your inbox and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi!

I'm having the same problem and one of the operators told me to pick a day and time for an individual call to solve this, but I got no confirmation (the call would be now).

I keep getting kicked out and there's no other way to start a video chat. Passport verification (step 1) is already completed. 

Thanks,

Francesca 

Hi Francesca,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I did not receive an email of that sort.

Hi Hannah,

I checked and it seems that the email notification was already sent successfully. In any case, you can access the ticket directly on this link. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
arfanup
Community Member

Hi Gurus,
One of our freelance community is in trouble and have following issue;
"UpWork asked for ID Verification a couple of week ago and gave a deadline for 5 January, 2021 and now my account is on hold. I did provided with my National Identiy Card Details which is accepted but the visual verification is not working at all I've tried this 10s of time.

It ask for a few minutes patience when we hit "chat now" and the after few minutes it shows up with a mssage "timed out". Neither my upwork support page is working. Whenever I tried opening support, it refreshes to news feed, again and again, automatically.
Can someone please reach out to sort this issue out, thanks in advance!
My user name is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ahtesham,

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. If possible please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
arfanup
Community Member

He is not able to connect Upwork support or post a query in community because his account is on hold!

Hi Ahtesham,

As Nikola mentioned, aside from using our Support website or the Community, they can also get in touch with us using their preferred social media channel.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7f115dae
Community Member

I'm not being able to complete the video verification as the link always takes me to the help page of upwork and no matter where I click on the help page it takes me back to the home page. Need help.

Hi Prateek,

I've escalated your issue with completing the verification process to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8b9183cb
Community Member

Hi, I've just completed my first job on Upwork, but now it's asking me to verify my identity (Completely understandable), but whenever I try to have the visual ID check, it sends me to the upwork help center but it refreshes to the main page, and whenever I try to click on any topic, it opens up but after a few short secconds it sends me back to the help center main page.

I have already tried cleaning up the cache and cookies, also tried from another computer, another browser and even with my cellphone and it's the same thing every time.

Can anybody help me? Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bruno,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gooldes
Community Member

I have a problem

if I go to support page, I always redirecting to this page

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=b6cbe6677fb4f050742969390cd20c09

And if I try do visual check a always wait 10+ min and nothig was happens

Hi Vladyslav,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ivodu
Community Member

Hi I have a problem,
I am constantly getting timed out when performing Visual verification process.
I get timed out waiting for the upwork agent to get back to me.
I tried filing ticket but can't do that because some of my account features are blocked.

Best regards

Hi Ivo,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
b3c35c15
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I am trying to finish Step 2 of the identity verification, but everytime I try to connect with an agent it keeps saying there are none. Any ways to get this verification completed?

Hi Kamal,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths