🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Wait for the visual ID check timing out?
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
packjc
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity and I've been trying for two days now. It keeps timing out. I need to keep earning money, what should I do?

psych101
Community Member

I had the exact same issue.  Long story short, I realized my browser (Chrome) was the problem.  I was able to connect via Safari.  Make sure your 'block popups' feature is unchecked.  Not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a shot.  Best of luck!

Hi Johnny,

I'm sorry to hear that. I've informed our team about the issue you're having when trying to complete the verification process. One of our agents will reach out and update you directly to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c377f0f3
Community Member

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive error.
How to proceed to next step?

Need your help...!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhmmad,

I apologize for missing to respond to your Community post. I checked your account and can see that you are being assisted through an email support ticket. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon, and you can complete your verification.

Please don't hesitate to reach out here in the Community if you need further help with anything.

~ Avery
Upwork
valentinadd
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem with the video ID verification: every time I click "Chat now" I answer some bot questions and then it keeps timing out. I've disabled pop-up blocker and tried both on Chrome and Firefox browsers, so I don't know what else to try. Can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks,

Valentina D.

Hi Valentina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I tried from another computer and it worked. Thank you!

I keep getting timed out for video verification call request. What should I do?

Hi Tooba,

Could you please try to log in via Firefox and start the process again? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It worked on firefox. Thank you!

3036808d
Community Member

Hello, I keep on getting timed out while waiting for video ID verification chat, even when using Firefox. Can you help me with this?

Hi Hoa,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ad88c617
Community Member

Hi there,

I am having similar issue. I get timed out everytime I start a video.

This is what get before timing out.

Hi Yusuf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3912e779
Community Member

I'm doing visual verification, following what's instructed and taken to chat with a bot then wait for a customer support agent. But I couldn't seem to connect with any agent, it says timed out all the time. I've tried many times on different devices, latest windows and browsers for the last few days. It's desparated. Is it a bug currently happening with Upwork CS? 

Hi Loi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
westercarvalho
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Hi Wester,

I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also getting the same issue with the id check getting timed out. I would appreciate any support.

Cheers,

Tim

Hello Tim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
zaibun-nisa
Community Member

I also have problem in visual verfication. It doesn't identify my picture even after trying thousands of times. It seems to be useless for a moment. Fed up TBH.

Hi Zaibun,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
congnd91
Community Member

I am also having a similar problem, can anyone help me, thanks!

I also cleared the cache, used an incognito browser and even firefox, even using another computer, things still don't work.

Hi Cong,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
congnd91
Community Member

Ok Thank!

I have the same issue. Tomorrow is the last day to verify identity, but I can't due to this error (((

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vlad,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

log in from another device and then try to verifired your visual identification.

8628cad6
Community Member

Hello there,
I've already complete the ID document verification but I'm having issues with the Visual verification, every time I try to do it become like this image.

I've been trying again like many times, but I keep getting the same issue. I've also changed the browser

8628cad6_0-1655016374044.png

Hi Hao,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with Visual verification. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e614d319
Community Member

I have the same problem. It's been more than 3 days that I'm trying to complete the visual verification and I get a timeout error.

Hi Jamila Esther,

Could you please try using a different browser or use the incognito mode of the current one when trying to complete the visual verification? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e614d319
Community Member

I tried all the listed solutions and it is not working.

Hi Jamila,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while initiating a visual verification. It seems that your network may be experiencing some issues or limitations. We kindly request you to switch to a different network and attempt the action once more.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d6552327
Community Member

I'm facing a same issue again n again. What should I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths