🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Constantly getting Timed Out when trying ...
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this same issue. It keeps getting timed out! Please help

Hi Saori and Sarah,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

How to proceed now?

Hi Hasanul,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey! I'm having the same issue here. Could you please help me?

Hi Ana,

It looks like you were able to complete your verification and the ID badge is already showing on your profile! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same problem to do the visual verification

Hi Adriano,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

It didn't solve the problem. I wait for an agent so long, but no one appears and it gets time out.

Hi Adriano,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ginanoe
Community Member

I am also having this issue as well and have been unable to the visual ID check for weeks, trying at all times of day. I tried to find a way to opena  support ticket but to no avail.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gina,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Gorman,

I am waiting to be contacted regarding this also.

is there a way to speed things up?

Hi Dennis,

I checked and can see there's already a support ticket for your case. Please consider following up on it and kindly communicate through that ticket if you have any questions so that the team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c5ddcc7a
Community Member

I have been trying to get visually verified for 3 days now and it always times out. When it directs me to the help page I try to choose a topic and within seconds it sends me back to the help page and closes the widget I was trying to read.  I need to fill out a ticket for help. I've enabled popups and third party in chrome. Please and Thank you for the help in advance!

Hi Allison,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c5ddcc7a
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the quick reply. When I click to see my ticket, the page goes back to upwork help and I can't select any options. I would really like to navigate the help page, do I need to change something on my browser settings?

Thanks!

Hi Allison,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies?

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have exactly the same issue. What should I do?

i am new to Upwork and Upwork want visual verification of me but trying from last 3 days to get my visual confirmation done but after waiting for more than 30 minutes no one is appearing, after some time I get a message "timed out on waiting for an agent to verify your identity" can someone help me

Hi Surendra,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team, please allow some time for our team to review and they will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello there,

I keep having the same issue and the Help Page doesn't seem to be working properly. 

Thank you

Hi Hannah,

Could you please let me know what issues or questions you have and I'll make sure to escalate your concern/issue to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shabab94
Community Member

i'm Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call. i tried from mobile chrome browser and laptop's chrome browser

Hi Syed,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same exact problem and run around!

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete your verification! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm also getting this issue:

Not sure what to do next. Thank you.

Hi Flor Anne,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, Goran

I have the same problem. Please help me.

Hi Zhang,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! I have this same issue. It keeps getting timed out! Please help me. And I can't search the answer on help page bacause it doesn't work. Thank youСнимок экрана 2020-11-26 в 18.54.11.png

Hi
I face a problem, I can't do the visual verification. Every time I try to join the chat it stays for some time trying and in the end, shows me that message "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity Upwork".
I tried to use another browser, but nothing changes. I tried to do it like 10 times.
I don't know what should I do.

Please help me fix this problem.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Pooja,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I have been facing the same issue for a long time. Kindly assist me regarding the issue.

Hi Abu Hasib,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further in completing the ID verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am also getting same error. I have verification deadline till 28 Novemeber and its 27th already. Please help me out ASAP. I have tried 5-6 timesb but always same error.

Looking forward to your quick response.

Thanks

Hi Sukhvir,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths