🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to s...
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
lbordonaro
Community Member

Hello! Same problem for me. ID is verified, but when I click on Chat Now, it opens the Support page but no chat. After a bit of nothing happening it says "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity"...How can I solve this?

Thank you!!

tarsia
Community Member

I tried 7 times. Should I keep trying?

Regards,

Guido.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Guido, Nayl, and  Svetlana.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hassantaqi54
Community Member

The visual verification call keeps timing out..
i have tried clearing cache/cookies/ new browser(firefox) but its the same thing

842bd44f
Community Member

I have the same problem. Tried with various browsers, computers, phone

fahadali503
Community Member

Conitinuslity facing below error while i am verififing my ID.

Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue.

Hi Fahad, Hassan, and Luca,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

my name is Anas Nadifi, i too have been trying for 6 hours to reach someone to visually verify my id, i already got my government id verified and approved, could you help me?

Thanks,

Anas

Perfect! Thank you so much!

By the way, I finished a job, it got approved but the money is still pending. What needs to happen for it to be moved to my profile?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm also having the timeout problem. The chat button creates a new tab to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile . Then the chat times out after a little while. I tried clearing all my cookies and using firefox, chrome, and edge.

888e04dc
Community Member

Hello , I have a problem with the video call verification. 

My ID document was successfully verified , but when click to Chat Now to confirm my ID , nothing happens.. Just the help center page appear but nothing happens , no chat

On the main page I see `` Wait for the visual ID check `` and after that it says ``

Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity ``. 

Please can you help ? I don't want my account to be closed or anything , I want to confirm my identity and continue working.

Thanks

natalia_hin90
Community Member

Upwork requires me to do video verification.I have already passed ID document verification.If I click "Get Started" button on ID verification page, another window pops up, and I clicked "Chat Now" button, but nothing happened on Upwork Help page.And ID Verification page says "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identityHave you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue".How can I solve this issue?

leslie_oteba
Community Member

Has anyone else experienced this while trying to verify their visual ID?

anas_nadifi
Community Member

Hello after completly government ID check successfully, i keep getting error for 8 hours straight: 

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

help

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused Anas, William, and Andrew.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wduncaniii
Community Member

I'm having the same issue of timing out

sheikhroshi
Community Member

i'm facing the same issue and iwas trying hard to do my verificaton complete but it shows timed out every time.what can i do now?

Hi Roshi,

I checked and it seems that you already managed to do the verification. Could you please let us know if you need further help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
csotizselyke
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem, I tried from different browsers, but it’s still not working.

Hello Goran,

Please I have not yet received any ticket (I suppose I will receive a mail about it ... else, where can I see it ?)

I still cannot do my verification; Time out error.

Please help.

Thank you,

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Apologies for the delay, I followed up with the team and you should expect to see your ticket here soon.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Zselyke,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you!
d_yanin
Community Member

Hi. I'm having the same issue

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

Hi Denis,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e881c88b
Community Member

HI I am experiencing the same issue where everytime I try to connect to start the visual verification call it times out. Please help I only have one day until the ability to verify my ID expires. 

Hi Mark,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete your verification. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
clinton26
Community Member

please i cant do video verification, kept saying timed out, am done with the id verification but the video part is not working

Hi Clinton,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I cant do video verification, it kept saying timed out,  I am done with the id verification but the video part is not working, please let me know what to do. Thank-you!

Hi Isaiah,

Sorry for the delay in responding. One of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hkannok
Community Member

Hello Im having the same issue here. I finished my ID verification but my visual verification is constantly being timed out.

Also I tried using the Upwork help site but it keeps bouncing back to the main page. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hitoshi,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Every time I click on 'Video Verification' to initiate the call and get my ID verified, I get timed out and it takes me back to the community home page. Every single time. I can't navigate out of the community home page at all, as a matter of fact. Every time I try, it redirects me back to the home page. I need to verify my identification with the call in the next like three days, and I don't know why or how. Please help. 

Hi Justin,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dariasila
Community Member

Hello !

Same problem for me for few days. And UpWork option for Help or Contact or Support is not working at all. Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 16.47.50.png

aldoalmaguer
Community Member

I keep having the same problem, and also the help page doesn't work, click on an icon and sends me to another page but then redirects me to the home help page, and the contact us button doesn't work.

Hi Aldo, Daria, and Sanjay,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to complete my ID verification, but when attempting to do the visual ID check, I am timed out. Could someone please help me with this? Thank you!

Hi Carly,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths