🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to s...
Page options
alvirafay
Community Member

Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive this error:

"Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity

Have you completed your web cam chat? Click try again to continue."

How to proceed now?

Screenshot 2020-10-01 115915.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rafay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
sanjaybd007
Community Member

Hi, I am new in Upwork. Yesterday night I was notified with a badge on top of my account screen that I should do Video and ID verification by submitting the required information. But when I get started, to click here Upwork through the error. Show the message “You don't currently have access to this page” (Screenshot Attached). I tried again by clearing cache and cookies from browser. Even I have tried to submitting the required information using different browser. Result is same. I can't access right now. I'd greatly appreciate a reply. Thanks!

djavian
Community Member

Hello, I am sure everyone has had issues with the video identification. I tried getting into a call with customer support and have turned my ad block off. Even then it still says it is timed out. I just need help getting in contact with someone to finish my verification.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Javiann,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
i am new. I have a notification on my profile, that I should verify my account before the 7th of this month.
I completed the first phase...

Now am having issue with the visual verification. It keeps ringing and ending without response. This is what it says, "timed out on waiting for an agent to verify your identity. "

Hi there,

I checked and it looks like you were able to open a support ticket with your team regarding your video verification. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly on your ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Iam unable to initiate a video chat to verify my identity.

I tried every solution but nothing helped.

Please solve the issue for me

Hi Yasser,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c33373d4
Community Member

My request the same error. Please support me.

ID request: 30229596

Link request: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/30229596

Hi Chinh,

Our team will reach out to you directly with additional instructions and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hmogaka
Community Member

I have a similar problem. Please assist.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harriet and Nikita,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c33373d4
Community Member

I got in the link of Google meet, however I had been waiting for hours since my morning and afternoon but no one was there. Now it is my evening, I'm going to spend all day to wait for the call

Hi Chinh,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket/email notification and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. Can you please resend google meet link. Nobody’s answer, I have the last day for verification. Thanks
moraxis
Community Member

Hello!

Every time I try to get visually identified, it says that I timed out and I need to try again. I've read several other topics on the same issue and they pointed to the help center.

However, I have been trying to connect to the Upwork help center the entire morning through the website but if I click on help and support it just takes me directly back to the home page?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikola,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tariq_bisma
Community Member

I'm having an issue with visual verification. It's taking too much time to load and at the end it says Timed Out and you have to verify your identity until 3/12/2020 but visual verification isn't working.

Hi Bisma,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bejan-radu
Community Member

I tried to do video verification but it shows timeout erorr after showing several minutes of "Wait for the visual id check. This should only take a few minutes."

Hi Radu,

~ Goran
Upwork
131ddc85
Community Member

Currently experiencing this same thing. What do I do?

Hi Toluwalase,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d2dff17a
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue! Could you please help me get a support ticket to do a manual visual verification?

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teekam, 

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps here, and/or try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if the issue persists? Please let us know so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
d2dff17a
Community Member

did all the steps, even changed the browser, nothing seems to be working. I might need to connect with the support directly.

Hi Teekam,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iqrashehzad
Community Member

I am having the same issue, Upwork has approved my id card but when I try visual verification it gives a time-out error and now I can't find the notification for identity verification.

Hi Iqra,

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, been trying for days, a couple of times a day. No one is ever available, if seems. And the deadline is approaching...
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zuzanna,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
995fb3f9
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I've tried on multiple devices and browsers. I'm not sure if I have some browser setting that is wrong but I've tried every suggestion and no luck.

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. I see that you are communicating with the team via a support ticket regarding this, so you can expect to hear back from them soon for further assistance. We appreciate your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
amandinesoares
Community Member

Hello ! 

I have exaclty the same problem... tried different days at different times, nothing is working. 
Can't write the support as well... seems to be a non-clickable link.

Hi Amandine,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
sarahwiseman
Community Member

Hello,

I am having an awful time confirming my visual verification via chat with a representative. Every time I attempt to launch, it opens the help desk instead. There, clicking "Get Help" does nothing and I am unable to open a ticket. I have tried this on different browsers, different internet service providers, and on both my phone and laptop. Nothing has worked. 

Anyone got a contact email?

Sarah

tanvirulislam78
Community Member

I have this same issue. Please help me.

Hi Tanvirul,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi all, hope you're well.

I am also getting this issue. I try launching the visual verification and it just says "This should only take a few minutes," and opens the help page in another tab. The help page additionally will not let me click on anything. After about 10-15 minutes I get timed out. I currently have a job active and know that if this isn't done I will get a hold on my account of some sort. Has anyone figured this out? I've tried on both my phone and laptop, and the same thing happens. Multiple browsers as well.

Thank you,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
bf5523f1
Community Member

I have exactly the same problem.
How can I solve this issue?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths