🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contact Client after job is removed
Page options
proyb
Community Member

Contact Client after job is removed

Hi there,

I made the mistake to send the complete work with my Proposal to Client.  Shortly after, I see the job is removed and no contract has been issued -> the client was happy with what I provided and did not even take the time to feedback.

This is not a matter of money (was a small job) but I would like to communicate with that Client to tell I am unhappy of the situation.  Unfortunately, I don't even know the name of the Client, just the Country.  Is there a way/procedure foreseen to allow this kind of communication ?

Thanks already,

Yves

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yves,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate the project you're referring to according to the information you've provided. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yves,

If your client hasn't accepted your proposals you will not be able to contact them. I would also recommend not to send the finished work with your proposal. 
To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how it works, check out our resources Here

In order to be eligible for our  Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

Unfortunately, there is very little you can do. But if you can recover the job ID you could try reporting it. I have flagged your post in case a mod can help. 

Never start work on a job that does not have a formal Upwork contract in place and, if it is a fixed-price job, make sure the entire amount agreed has been paid into escrow. 

Sorry Goran, our posts crossed. But here's a question. I know the OP should have had everything in place before starting work, but in a case like this would it be possible to report the client/job, so that he or she doesn't try this again? After all they got away with free work and no payment either to Upwork. 

Yves:

What you can do is to learn from your mistake, and not make that same mistake again.

You should not spend time or effort trying to contact the client. It is not Upwork's intention that you do so.

You seem personally unhappy that you worked for free.

Who else is unhappy? The other freelancers who were interested in getting paid for working on this job, but will not earn any money because you did the work for free.

Hi Upwork,

This is the nicest 'Customer support' reply I ever received.

Thanks a lot.

**Edited for community guidelines**

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yves,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please send me a private message with the job title so I can take a look. Please do refer to resources Goran shared and make sure to review these tips as well.

Nichola, I can confirm that requesting or demanding free services is prohibited by Upwork TOS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Yves,

Nichola, I can confirm that requesting or demanding free services is prohibited by Upwork TOS.

Thank you Vladimir, I know! That wasn't quite my question though. I'll try and phrase it more clearly. If a client disappears having taken a freelancers work and there is no contract in place, can the client still be reported? 

Hi Nichola,

To clarify from my end, I understood your question but since we can't discuss hypotetical scenarios and cases in the forums, I can only reiterate the related TOS article. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork
proyb
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Here is the job I talk about.

I am not claiming anything but a fair, polite feedback . I appreciate that
the Client sometimes receives a lot of bids from Freelancers, but in this
case, as I took the time to provide the solution, I think at least a short
feedback was deserved, even if there is no contract after.

As this Client is new to Upwork, it is indeed a good idea to educate him to
the 'human' values of the platform.

Thanks for your follow-up.

Yves

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yves,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate the project you're referring to according to the information you've provided. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths