🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contact Info
Page options
zbuursma
Community Member

Contact Info

Hello, 

When I created my UpWork account, I signed up with my current residential/legal/tax address. However, I live in a small suburb, and a friend advised me I should change my city to the nearest big city, just so it would be easier for clients to know where I am. 

The only problem is when I updated the city, then my address is no longer my residential/legal/tax address. In fact, the city + my house number and street isn't even a real address. 

My question is, is this okay? Does my address NEED to be my legal address, or can I change the city to the nearest big city, as I did? If it's a problem, I'll change it back. My only concern is this might not match when I do taxes, but if that isn't an issue, then I will just keep it as it is.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Zachary B wrote:

The only problem is when I updated the city, then my address is no longer my residential/legal/tax address. In fact, the city + my house number and street isn't even a real address. 

My question is, is this okay? Does my address NEED to be my legal address, 

Think of it this way:

When you are asked to for ID verification, will you be able to provide documents proving that you live at the address given on your account or not?

If not, you know it's a bad idea,

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zachary,

Your location/address needs to be your current location. Please update your address to the city where you`re located. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths