Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Upwork

alitariq5000
Ali T Member Since: Dec 30, 2016
1 of 25

Hi All,

I am new to Upwork, I want to contact upwork customer support regarding my issue.

Please help me!

Thanks,

Ali

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 25

re: "I am new to Upwork, I want to contact upwork customer support regarding my issue."

What is your issue?

Most questions that people have can be answered without contacting Customer Support.

alitariq5000
3 of 25

I have submitted a name change request by mistake. I want to cancel it.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 25

Hi Ali,

I'll ask our team to follow up with you and cancel your request.

Untitled
lizdiaz69
Lisette D Member Since: Jan 10, 2017
5 of 25

I have an issue that needs someone at UPWORK for assistance. 

I received an email (the email address I use for upwork) in regards to a potential job (did not receive the message via upwoprk).  Through the email he described the job, the pay $400 a week, and if I would be interested in the job, I can start the next day.  Hence, I accepted (my first time at upwork), it was for emailing a daily newsletter for his congregation for his church (**Edited for Community Guidelines**). Naturally, I didnt think anything of it,  I have been doing this since last thursday every single day until today.  Today 1/10/2017, I logged in to upwork to look for another work, I look for his name/contract/proposal something out of him---NOTHING,  I immedialty emailed him with this:

Good Afternoon **Edited for Community Guidelines**,

I have a few questions that we did not discuss.

1. How did you find me at Upwork? Because, I am trying to find you to review payment verification (mine and yours) and I can't seem to locate you and/or the church (**Edited for Community Guidelines**).
2. How and when will I get paid?
3.  Will it be weekly? if so, on what Days--Fridays, Saturdays, etc...??? 

Thank you,
Liz Diaz

His response was:
1. I sent you an email and you replied on upwork and that was how we met.

2. The pay is $400 weekly and your weekly paycheck will be send directly to you on or before Friday of every week, so expect your first paycheck this week.

3. I will email you the tracking number as soon as its in the mail to you.

Thanks

I gave him my address and my name.  No other personal information, but, still.... I cant seem to locate his ad that he said I replied to, I cant find his name, his church online at all---I asked him about that and he never responded.  I need to confirm is this a scam or not. 

I know that if I doubt it, I should let it go, but, I have been doing a great job since thursday and truly want to give my benefit of the doubt on online work.  I have been scammed before via online work, I don't want to do that to upwork.  Hence, I need some response from someone via UPWORK.

Also, in reading the forums a person wrote that she worked for a week and didnt get paid, that person whom hired her, wrote something that would not allow her to get hired by anyone here. I dont want that to happen to me.

Please help... ANYONE?????

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 25

Hi Lisette,

It doesn't look like you applied for the job you are referring to through Upwork. I wasn't able to locate it. 

In the future if you do meet clients on Upwork, make sure they hire you on the platform and you see the contracts under your My Jobs tab. That way you will be able to benefit from Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lizdiaz69
Lisette D Member Since: Jan 10, 2017
7 of 25

Well that suck, because I have a particular issue that needs a response from UPWORK and I can't receive it, hence, need to follow through on my own with no clue!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 25

Hi Ali,

What seems to be the issue?

Untitled
alitariq5000
9 of 25

I have submitted a name change request by mistake. I want to cancel it.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 25

@Ali T wrote:

I have submitted a name change request by mistake. 

How does one change one's name "by mistake?"

Either your name is your name or it is not..... that means either your current profile name is false and you meant to correct it, or you were trying to change it to a false name..... neither inspires confidence.