cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Upwork

takis_pagonis
Panagiotis Takis P Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
21 of 25

Very useful information 'cause i didn't know that my registered with Upwork email should be the same with my PayPal one in order to stay "safe and sound" with payments over that channel. Thanks for this. 

@Valeria K wrote:

Invoices to clients will show your profile name unless you specified a different name for invoices. In that case, the name you specified will show on the invoices.

Now, is there a way that can I specify a different first name for my invoices?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 25

Panagiotis,

I'm sorry, I shared slightly incorrect information in my previous reply. You can provide an address to be displayed on the invoices under Settings> Contact Info but you can't specify a different name. The name that will show on invoices will be the same as your profile name.

I edited my post accordingly.

Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Upwork
adasarathy
Anusha D Member Since: Dec 30, 2016
23 of 25

I got a job offer after a Google Hangout interview with **Edited for Community Guidelines**.I am not sure if this is legititamte. Can upwork verify?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
24 of 25

Anusha,

It is very likely a scam. Report the job to customer services, and read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/td-p/240833

As you are new, avoid Google hangouts. Genuine clients use it, but it is better to do everything (including interviews) through Upwork, until you are more established.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
25 of 25

Hi Anusha,

It looks like the job you are referring to has already been cancelled by Upwork Team as inappropriate. Please, check the post Nichola shared. It has a lot of useful tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Upwork