🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Contact info on resume
Page options
tonyabrummett
Community Member

Contact info on resume

I am new to Upwork and I have been attaching my resume to my proposals and it has my contact info on it. I now understand how upwork is used and wont do that any more or if I do I will scub all of my personal contact info. My question is did I violate the TOS or am I still ok? I would hate to have to lose all those connects by withdrawing and resubmiting them without it, but if thats what I have to do to keep my account open I will. I hope I can get a quick answer! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tonya B wrote:

I am new to Upwork and I have been attaching my resume to my proposals and it has my contact info on it. I now understand how upwork is used and wont do that any more or if I do I will scub all of my personal contact info. My question is did I violate the TOS or am I still ok? I would hate to have to lose all those connects by withdrawing and resubmiting them without it, but if thats what I have to do to keep my account open I will. I hope I can get a quick answer! 

In future, just for your own safety / security, send a copy of your resume without contact data, but it is not a violation of the terms of service, just unwise and unnecessary.

Also, most of us rarely, if ever send a resume with a proposal. I have done so exactly once in 220 (?) or so contracts.  This is not an employment board, here our profiles are our resumes (if they are completed correctly, anyway.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Tonya B wrote:

In future, just for your own safety / security, send a copy of your resume without contact data, but it is not a violation of the terms of service, just unwise and unnecessary.

Also, most of us rarely, if ever send a resume with a proposal. I have done so exactly once in 220 (?) or so contracts.  This is not an employment board, here our profiles are our resumes (if they are completed correctly, anyway.)

Thank you for your help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths