🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Contact number ask for the business card
Page options
lahiruudara
Community Member

Contact number ask for the business card

One of my clients needs a business card letterhead and etc.. Can I ask his Contact number to add to the business card. Or need I stay until receive it?
Plz explain. If that a reason to banned my account?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lahiru, 

I would like to confirm that this is not a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. What is not allowed by the Terms of Service is unsolicited contact outside of Upwork  - for example, spamming someone by contacting them through personal email, a social media account, etc.

I would recommend that you let the client know that you intend to add their contact information on the branding materials that you are currently working on and that you appreciate it if the client can send this information through. This way, the conversation about adding their contact information in their business card, and letterhead is started. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you

Also some client ask contact through skype. I'm not request They ask. Any comment for this?

Thank you

Hi Lahiru, 

You can communicate with your client through any third-party messaging software as long as you and your client agreed to it. We would recommend however that you submit all work and contract negotiations through the Upwork platform and Messages. This way your communication is easily documented in case an issue arises. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths