🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contacting an Employer without connects left
Page options
saf_alianza
Community Member

Contacting an Employer without connects left

So, here's the deal: I ran out of connects already. Being new to Upwork, I only had a Basic Account. Then, I came across a job post minutes ago, which I pretty much am interested in. However, due to lack of connects, I cannot submit a proposal. Is there any way I can contact the employer in a message or email to express my interest for the job personally?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

No.  Next month use them wisely.  Don't just apply at random.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bobafett999
Community Member

No.  Next month use them wisely.  Don't just apply at random.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info.

The other thing you can do is upgrade to plus membership. That will cost you $10 but you will get 10 connects plus 2 prorated connects for each day you're already in the billing cycle (that part's a bit complicated, you can read an explanation here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062888-Membership-Plans-Basic-Plus)

Instead of doing that, it looks like she posted in the clients section...

Rosa, you have to buy more connects. There's no other way to apply for that job. You can't publicly post a client's name and ask him to contact you.

Hi Rosa, 

I've removed your other thread as it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines. This is only a gentle reminder to please be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the Community. 

You may want to read up on this thread that has tips from Community members on how they budget their connects for a month

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths