🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contacting somebody on this site
Page options
962c6170
Community Member

Contacting somebody on this site

I would like to see a list of Wordpress developers and their rate of pay for a project of mine. How do I do that? This website is impossible to navigate. 

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Patricia,

You may search by using the search feature. You can find this by logging in to your account. Here's a screenshot for your reference. If you are looking to hire a freelance, you may post a job and review the proposals you will receive from freelancers. Once you have reviewed the proposals, you can then decide whom you will hire for the project. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
962c6170
Community Member

I don't want to post a job without having the opportunity to look at a list
of Wordpress developers on your site and see their qualifications and what
they charge. Is it possible to see such a list and then post a job?

Patricia K wrote:
I don't want to post a job without having the opportunity to look at a list
of Wordpress developers on your site and see their qualifications and what
they charge. Is it possible to see such a list and then post a job?

click here.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

While you're more than welcome to check some of our best WordPress developers you won't be able to communicate with them unless they apply to your job post, or they were invited to apply to your job, and they obliged. On this interview stage, you should be able to discuss the project details with the freelancers, and vet which freelancer will be best for your project. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
962c6170
Community Member

That's fine. I need to see who's out there and what they charge before I
post anything. Thank you.

re: "I don't want to post a job without having the opportunity to look at a list of Wordpress developers on your site and see their qualifications and what they charge. Is it possible to see such a list and then post a job?"

Yes.

You do NOT need to post a job posting on the site.

You can use the Search tool to look at as many Wordpress developer profiles as you want.

You can use the Browse pages to look at as many Wordpress developer profiles as you want.

You can look at Wordpress developer profiles, see their portfolios, read their overview text, job histories, see their posted rates, everything.

Here is a link you can look at. This is just one of multiple ways you can find and view profiles for Upwork Wordpress developers:

https://www.upwork.com/hire/wordpress-developers/

re: "That's fine. I need to see who's out there and what they charge before I post anything. Thank you."

You don't even need to look. I can answer your question right now: There are Wordpress developers available to hire on Upwork who cover a wide range of skill levels and rates. There are Wordpress developers who will work for around $5/hour, and there are Wordpress developers who will work for $100/hour or more, and there are all types of people in between.

You may wish to experiment with different pay levels and different levels of experience, to find the the developers who work out the best for your project.

Always remember that if you hire a Wordpress developer who charges $100/hour, and you hire another Wordpess developer who charges $5.00/hour, the one who charges $100/hour may be the one who costs you the LEAST amount of money to complete your project. Or, the one who charges $5.00/hour may cost you less. Or maybe somebody else, who charges $25/hour would cost you less. That's not something you can know beforehand.

Also, keep in mind that it is possible to hire freelancers using fixed-price contracts. You should always start with small tasks to test how a freelancer will work out. Never start with a milestone payment for the whole project. Once again, a freelancer who says they can do the Employee Listing page for $100 may be less expensive in the long run than a freelaner who says they can do the Employee Listing page for $500. But you don't know that for sure. What if you can't use the $100-quoting freelancer's work because it doesn't fit the style or needs of the project, and you end up throwing it away?

If I hire 5 different Wordpress developers to work on a small part of my project, then after that experience I will have 5 choices about who to continue working with. Eugene did terrible work. Peter did awesome work but he is so expensive! Nancy never did anything. Frank did really great work at a very low price. Sandra did even more impressive work, but she is a bit pricey. I decided to have Frank do most of the work to finish the project, but I kept Sandra on the team as well to do the most complicated parts. This way I minimized my cost and obtained my project with the level of quality that I need.

Manage your project intelligently and proactively. Monitor the work that freelancers do and stop working with any underperforming freelancers. Continue working only with the freelancers who provide you with the best value for your project. Never assume that just because you hired a freelancer that it means you need to continue to working with her. You can close the contract on freelancers at any time. Put yourself and your project first. Don't get fixated on any one freelancer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths