🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract Cancelling
Page options
mandar_gharat
Community Member

Contract Cancelling

Hello!

I was hired by a client to work on his project but due to some technical issue from the Client-side I wasn't able to work on this project, I shared the same with the client but the issue is still pending and it won't get resolved soon, So we both mutually decided to cancel this contract. I would like to know that cancelling the contract by the client will affect my JSS in a negative way?

Regards,

Mandar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There's no way to just cancel a contract and pretend that it never existed. Closing the contract is the same thing as cancelling the contract. If the client closes it and leaves negative feedback, then yes, it will affect your job success score. It would be best to close the contract yourself (the client can still leave feedback, but they won't be forced to do so).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
a06b10de
Community Member

Yes.

It affects JSS in a negative way.

2a05aa63
Community Member

If you close it and they leave no feedback - it won't affect your JSS. If they close it, they have to leave a good private feedback, otherwise it will negatively affect your JSS.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have not worked on this contract due to some issues I and the client both mutually decided to cancel this contract, So In this scenario, there will be no feedback as I have not submitted the work and have not requested the payment. This will be cancelling the contract before starting the work

Mandar G wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I have not worked on this contract due to some issues I and the client both mutually decided to cancel this contract, So In this scenario, there will be no feedback as I have not submitted the work and have not requested the payment. This will be cancelling the contract before starting the work

If the client ends the contract they are required to leave a private score from 1 to 10. If you close it, they don't have to score you.

Yes, If a client ends the contract then they can leave feedback and give ratings, But this scenario is different, Here I have not worked on this contract and have not submitted the work, We have mutually decided to cancel this contract due to some technical issue from the client-side. I wanted to know if the client cancels the contract then will it affect my JSS negatively?

There's no way to just cancel a contract and pretend that it never existed. Closing the contract is the same thing as cancelling the contract. If the client closes it and leaves negative feedback, then yes, it will affect your job success score. It would be best to close the contract yourself (the client can still leave feedback, but they won't be forced to do so).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths